One Turret Barrel does not fire...

Reaction score
    I've built a big turret with two barrels. Damage Beam with Damage Beam Support. They are completely separated from each other, and both linked to the same Damage Beam Computer. Output is set to the tip of the barrel on both. Standatd setup, i think. If i fire, only the right barrel fires. no reaction on the left barrel. At first i thought, there is a gap in the line of damage beam blocks. There is no gap, and all are correctly linked via Shift V. Then i thought, there is not enough energie for both barrels. I removed all Energie capacitors from the turret, so that the energie is taken from the ship, which has way enough energie for all turrets. The left barrel still wont fire. For a test, i unlinked the complete right (the working) barrel from the computer and fired again. No reaction at all. The left side does not work. I have no idea, why... Can somebody help me?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    ok, I have no idea why BUT!

go to the barrels of the guns, you have the beams end there, if you look at em (in build mode) it says Press r to make output (current)

I pressed R to make em not the output (did it to the left barrel when looking at it) and well, then both barrels fired. I did it to both and both barrels still fired.

So unmake the barrels output or atleast make the left one not the output and you will have 2 firing guns.

PS I love the design, might steal some idea's from it!

Reaction score
    I tried it, like you wrote. I unmade one and then both barrels output. No effect. Right side fires, left side does not :(

But fine, that you like my design :)

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    your turret may have gotten glitched. Try deleting everything and admin loading your sment

Hope it works :)

Reaction score
    So i deleted the whole turret, adminloaded it again and connected it to the ship. To make it short: right side fires, still the left side not...

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Something on the turret base went horribly wrong .. there shouldnt be a shield capacitor in the hotbar and .. the docker shouldnt be named Beam +Beam +Effect
    Screenshot_2.jpg

Furthermore the Turret base is missing any mass enhancers and cant support the barrel.

after reassigning the Beam computer to first one side then the other then both .. i couldnt find a problem with both sides firing though

i suggest to rebuild at least the base .. and use mass enhancers this time (or always use the turret with out AI)

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Screenshot_2.jpg

no idea what you are doing .. but why is it that your build always shows blocks in the hotbar which have nothing to do there in flight mode ?