Omicron crew

Reaction score
    Anyone remember the Dreamcast game Omicron?

Would it not be Cool to enter the body of our NPC faction slaves?

This of course is just a random thought without any expertise at programing.. but.. control drop number command.. why not just pilot them? Even keyboard O sit them?

Could this be viable?

I am No programmer, I have No way to know, but.. it is just a random wish.. they are all just essentially turrets in my mind.

Anyone.. please clarify my thoughts.. nicely though please, I do not respond well to insults.. so tempermental these days.. I have only proposed a question as I am forever curious.

Thanks to all that respond.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Anyone.. please clarify my thoughts.. nicely though please, I do not respond well to insults.. so tempermental these days.. I have only proposed a question as I am forever curious.
    We really need a "Rude" or "Hostile" rating to slap on insulting posts.

In regards to your ideas, having done just a little coding myself, I surmise that this would be viable code-wise. I just... don't see why you would want this. It would be interesting, but not particularly useful or dynamic most of the time. I think it would just wind up being a dead feature that no one bothered with using. Did you have any particular use in mind for it?

Reactions: Ithirahad
    Reaction score
    Well.. hopefully I did not come off as insulting or rude or subject for a good slap, I am just humbly curious.

Single player..

I know that this seems tragic to behold, but, there are those without better options.. or care to utilize them.

Their usefulness is for solo play.. a style of play useful to only us introverts that prefer to play offline.. No other practical use.

Just drones to make my prefered method of offline play much more enjoyable.. No other reason than that.

I played Frogger too.. Halo.. borderlands and other games.. all offline.. the usefulness of drone companions is for an offline style of play.. for the introverted populace.. the other half of gamers, not grand or exceptional.. just prefering to play alone.. I would want my drones in this version of this remarkably great game.. for No other reason than to be my reasonable understanding of friendship.. sit down.. go there.. shoot the spiders.. and so on.. or exceptionally provide me better options to why they are on my ship in the first place.

Their usefulness is for offline gaming.. a subject very often missed.

Thank you for your response to my query without being insulting.. such a lack of that nowadays.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    To me, it seems like world immersion would be greater if one were to remain in one's own body, and immersion is a great concern in offline play. The NPCs definitely need more work put into them, more (artificial) intelligence, more tasks they can perform, and some personality and variety. Right now they're nothing more than poorly-trained clone troopers. They also still have a tendency to fall out of my ship for some reason. That might have to do with jump drive...

Thank you for your response to my query without being insulting.. such a lack of that nowadays.
    Such a lack of people I wouldn't like to beat over the head with a planet segment these days. :p

Reactions: Cerebralhemirage
    Reaction score
    What would an infinite universe be for those that play alone.. without a universe of companions that at the very least.. know how to sit.. and protect me when the time is right?

These are drones.

Not human players.

Their usefulness is so that I can still play the game without gladhanding everyone that insults me and still have an army.. outside the servers.. my game.. my Starmade.. I want the reasonable representation of human thought without the need to say I am Sorry.. I want a universe of war and strife.. fully automated.

The only reason I cling here now?

Schema has a plan.

I will not miss it..

Never missed it thus far..

In all hopes and time I have given..

This game is truly amazing.

In truth.. I have No doubt..

Why else would I still be here?

Reactions: Ithirahad
    Reaction score
    Me too Valiant70.. me too. Keep your segments.. maybe one day mine and yours will be useful.. flinging rocks at stars.. maybe.. remains to be seen.. without the beatings of course.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I read somewhere in here recently (I think it was in that October QnA but don't quote me on that) that they're going to start focusing on single-player content more now that the crafting and universe stuff is rolled out. Although they were probably referring to the fauna features more than anything else I have no doubt that the NPCs are going to be getting an attitude adjustment at some point in the near future. I think it would be great if some stations were filled with NPCs just going about their business. I'm personally on the fence about whether or not I'd be comfortable body-snatching my NPC crew, but I think it could be one of the viable ways to approach NPC control. It works in THE SIMS so who knows.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Thus far, my server's roleplay has treated NPC crews as androids. Given how dumb they are and the fact that you purchase them and don't have to pay them afterwards, that seemed reasonable.

They do need to be able to sit on stuff. That should be added to the command menu. Supposedly they will be programable with lua at some point, so you could "train" troops if you know a bit about coding.

Reaction score
    This has been a very interesting thread thus far, quite more so than expected.. all from random thoughts.. Starmade was once a random thought too, that has become a wondrous reality.

Sometimes we must all just think outside of the box.. No pun intended.

Kinda like Houdini did.. the famous escape artist.. not the band.[DOUBLEPOST=1415736704,1415736269][/DOUBLEPOST]I only, truly ponder these thoughts right now, because.. as I am not online yet.. all I have are my NPC's.

This will not always be the case.. but for now.. why not explore where I can?

With Schema's plans for a living galaxy.. I highly anticipate that the AI will get a much needed facelift.[DOUBLEPOST=1415739825][/DOUBLEPOST]Maybe only controlling those NPC's that we have taken the time to train as officers would be more viable, as they are only embodiments of our versions of command structure anyways.. it's not truly body snatching.. it's emersion into different views of our universe with our companions as the characters in the story.. if trained proper.. they would only act as extensions of our selves in the first place.. only right that we be allowed at times to direct their actions.