Omega Draconis Heavy Industries

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Finally getting around to posting up a shipyard thread for some of my creations.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are proud to introduce a new player in the galactic shipbuilding sector, Omega Draconis Heavy Industries. While still a relative minnow compared to some of the more well established names in the shipbuilding market Omega Draconis, and Chairman and CEO Jacob Harkon, have pinned their hopes on an aggressive expansion plan. Rumours abound that this plan is 'aggressive' in more ways than one and that other smaller shipyards might be wise to increase security patrols.

The first ship to leave the newly minted Omega Draconis shipyards is the Dragon Fire class heavy fighter.

It is indeed quite 'heavy' for a fighter, massing in at 385 SMU, falling toward the upper end of what many shipyards would classify as a corvette. Nonetheless Omega Draconis feel that the classification 'heavy fighter' is more in line with the intended fleet role of the Dragon Fire.

The standard variant, coded 'BC' is designed with long-range patrols in mind. This model is kitted out with tough triple-bonded titanium-carbon armour plating supplemented by over 27k MJ of shielding with a non-combat recharge rate of 600 MJ/s. This is coupled with an armament of two powerful Raptor-YAG turbolasers with an output of 500 MJ/s and a turret mounting twin rapid-firing Hexler & Druss cannons dealing 4MJ per shot. With this setup and a 2:1 thrust to mass ratio the standard 'BC' Dragon Fire is quite capable of taking on several of the 'Isanth' line of vessels favoured by the pirates and corsairs that infest these regions of space and emerging unscathed. A patrol consisting of a pair of these ships should be enough to give any opportunistic pirate pause.

Moreover with a Vortex-Space RJ-89 jump drive the BC Dragon Fire is capable of operating independently over large distances, and making it ideal for patrolling in regions where re-fuel and re-supply bases might be widely spaced. With a relatively spacious interior, a powerful Kepler-70 multi-phasic sensor array, Schinetech radar jammer and a proprietary drive core more than capable of powering all systems, including charging the jump drive, simultaneously, the BC Dragon Fire also finds an alternate role as a long range reconnaissance craft.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SMU = standardised mass unit
    MJ = Mega-Joule (seemed like a reasonable unit for shields/damage
    triple-bonded titanium-carbon = advanced armour
    turbolaser = 100% beam-cannon
    rapid-fire cannon = 100% cannon-cannon
    RJ-89 = 89 block
    Kepler-70 = 70 block
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me know what you think, of both the ship and the little write up.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I'm working on making a little stats sheet like the ones Thalanor uses, as it is so much better than writing it out in a paragraph. In the mean time I thought I would post a few quick pictures of what is to come

The Wyvern class system defence frigate

The Charybdis class heavy cruiser

And finally something our Warhammer division is working on