Old Planets?

Reaction score
    I really dont like the dodecahedron planets. I have a pretty weak computer so landing on them is murder for my frame rate. I almost never had this problem with the old flat planets. So I'm wondering if there is any way to play with the oldstyle planets?

Zerefette

<|°_°|>
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I guess you have to download a very old version, anyway a new version of planet has been developed and I guess it'll come in one of the future updates, maybe before 2018.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    The old disc shaped planets were never got attached to me, so I wasn't sad that they were changed into dodecahedrons. I did still have the same lag problem that the 12-sided dice planets had (looking at the center would kill my framerate), so them being overhauled again is a plus in my book.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    The current planets have been planned to change for a while, last I heard. Hence the lack of optimizations.

Reaction score
    • Railman
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    Dock to the planet instead of just landing on it and you should be fine. You can also make the planets smaller in the server config which will help if you just can't handle large numbers of blocks.

Reactions: symbiot999

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    Theres a 'Custom Planet' sector export floating around somewhere that contains a single build block in the form of one old style planet plate with natural gravity, could paste some modern planet terrain onto that in order to get a flat planet. You can probably get the export from therimmer96 as it should still be in the CBS database.