Planned Official soundtrack for starmade

What kind of music would you want?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Greetings fellow community members, recently an acquaintance of mine has wrote some music pieces he made with StarMade in mind. He was wondering if this was something the community may find interesting. So, what would you guys think about having a soundtrack implemented into StarMade?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Would like it:) sometimes it gets boring listening to the machine sounds when building...

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Greetings fellow community members, recently an acquaintance of mine has wrote some music pieces he made with StarMade in mind. He was wondering if this was something the community may find interesting. So, what would you guys think about having a soundtrack implemented into StarMade?
    It is indeed wanted.
    However, for now, there is only MusicMade to automatically play the music in the background.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Sure, I'd love to have some music in SM, especially if it's dynamic (gets more intense when a battle happens) I might be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure they're for sound people for the game development.

Reaction score
    Both types of music will have a place in the game.

Fast paced music for encounters, slow ambient music for exploration and building.

Music while building could be a little bit more progressive, having more things going on, but remaining calm, while the music for for exploration would be better off being something mostly ambient.

Having dynamic music would be feasible with StarMade's sector system, every type of sector could have its own music, and the music would only change when entering a different type of sector from the one you're currently in, with a smooth fade.

I believe this will make up for a great and immersive experience once coupled with decent sound effects and a better looking GUI.

I've put some of my own concepts in this thread, they are pretty much in line with the above: http://starmadedock.net/threads/archers-music-concepts-for-starmade.3719/

Reaction score
    Good idea. It can get boring when I am making my factory system and all i hear is the sound of my ships.

Reaction score
    A lot of Youtubers already have soundtracking the game down to a science.
    I personally like the Dungeon of the Endless soundtrack playing. 8-bit influenced music with calm tracks and some with more energy.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Yeah the current space of emptynesss makes it boring. Having some ambient music would probably fix that.

I think having a OST along the lines of FTL (not too fast paced, but you can tell you're in combat) for when you're in combat would be nice too.

Reactions: CyberTao

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Both types of music will have a place in the game.

Fast paced music for encounters, slow ambient music for exploration and building.

Music while building could be a little bit more progressive, having more things going on, but remaining calm, while the music for for exploration would be better off being something mostly ambient.

Having dynamic music would be feasible with StarMade's sector system, every type of sector could have its own music, and the music would only change when entering a different type of sector from the one you're currently in, with a smooth fade.

I believe this will make up for a great and immersive experience once coupled with decent sound effects and a better looking GUI.

I've put some of my own concepts in this thread, they are pretty much in line with the above: http://starmadedock.net/threads/archers-music-concepts-for-starmade.3719/
    I agree with this, both types can be used. Why limit it to one type? The more the merrier. ;)

Reaction score
    Something I always thought would be cool is having dynamic music with different layers of the music playing in different situations. For example fast, tense drums kick in when pirates spot you, peaceful twinkly fade in when you're on an ice planet etc.

Reactions: Winterhome