Official Rex Titan Launch Video

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    A more proper version of the hasty intro I posted earlier in the week, this time with turrets and combat test footage. It's a little on the long side, for which I apologize.

I will soon be putting the ship up for download, pending a bit of a redesign of the main turret's weapons (which eat energy and do little useful damage) and adding the last few point defense which I have so far not bothered with.

Enjoy!

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Likes Video

Then
    *Music changes from nice ambient to flip out metal*

*Pauses and leaves*

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I don't do heavy metal. Especially when they start singing.

Ship is nice but Heavy Metal is a showstopper here.

Reaction score
    That little white ship is hella survivable. I expected it to die in the first pass over the Rex.

Whilst I don't dislike heavy metal, it was not really advisable for me to have watched this video when I had a headache already.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    Gotta love the music at 12:11 though :p
    So fitting for showcasing an evil ship.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I really have a hate/love relationship with you and your ships @Orphaniel
    I love the ships but I envy your skills

And bloody hell thats a nice ship and a good video

hmm maybe I should try some flybys too
    And use some vegas magic if I can still remember how to do that

Sorry for stealing your idea :p

oh and about songs, try to keep it to orchestras like the song in the beginning of the video, should make everyone happy and it makes the video more awesome :D

Reactions: Zeno9141

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Damn, you really have the best skybox don't you???

Also an epic ship ;)

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    @Thadius Faran I apologize for the music if it is not to your taste, it felt fitting for a combat test; originally that wasn't going in the video, but I figured 'why not'. For the fly-bys and such I'll always use more appropriate music. Usually I take the section I wish to music and select from my vast collection a piece that is about the same length (more so that I don't have to decide between my whole collection, but rather just ten or so songs of that exact length.

Also Dethklok is awesome and you should feel bad for not liking them :p

@Nauvran , the videos are not super difficult to do, I do not use any special software; I record with Nvidia Shadowplay (if ou have a Nvida card above the... 700? I think? you will be able to use this technology) it is completely lag free because it records using the GPU. If that is no option I used to use fraps, whgich most people are familiar with and the free version of which can record for 60 seconds, I think, which is plenty of time. then to edit I use the window movie maker that comes with windows, which is easy to use.

@keptick The background is not a custom one of any kind, just the color of space around the old Jovian HQ where I had it sitting at the time.

@RedDwarfIV The little white ship is Zeno's, I cannot remember the exact name, it was just something Esarai picked out while he was helping me. Apparently the 1'000'000 shields evaporated instantly, but he managed to get out of range without too much systems damage. (Not sure how he was being hit by plenty of missiles, but they always seem intermittently effective as best)

Reactions: Zeno9141
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Perhaps some of your settings are lacking? I have exrta stars set to 0 and space dust off. It might contribute. setting the BG to highest quality goes without saying.

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Why does Kepticks text go to my profile page????

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    @Nauvran , the videos are not super difficult to do, I do not use any special software; I record with Nvidia Shadowplay (if ou have a Nvida card above the... 700? I think? you will be able to use this technology) it is completely lag free because it records using the GPU. If that is no option I used to use fraps, whgich most people are familiar with and the free version of which can record for 60 seconds, I think, which is plenty of time. then to edit I use the window movie maker that comes with windows, which is easy to use.
    Im already using shadowplay :P
    and I have worked with video making before, so its just about remembering how to use vegas pro to make some effects to make it look nicer.
    Biggest problem I will have is to get myself to edit the video :P

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Why does Kepticks text go to my profile page????
    o_O what the actual.... I don't even.... fixed.

Perhaps some of your settings are lacking? I have exrta stars set to 0 and space dust off. It might contribute. setting the BG to highest quality goes without saying.
    I was talking about the actual skybox. I rarely if ever see sky-boxes that have such good looking combinations of color.