(off topic) Top Tens!

Reaction score
    If you so please, put your top ten:

video game music tracks.
    video games.
    final bosses.
    items.
    and last but not least, your top ten moments in video games.

I'll give you some of my own just imagine its put in a well made youtube video.

Music:
    1: A tie between the final boss track for super mario 3D land, and the theme for TLoZ:A link to the past's dark world.

2: the whole of spirit tracks' final phase, from approaching the portal to the dark realm onwards. Just to name a few (because there are some tracks that go for 3 seconds) The best one is the malladus fight 2 phase music. The 2nd is cole's theme, and the third is that 5 second track where byrne gets... incinerated? I don't know.

3: Koloktos' theme from skyward sword.

4: The mount layuda theme from pokemon ranger: guardian signs.

5:The tower of spirits theme from TLoZ:spirit tracks.

Thats an example, but I need more times to put everything together. I'll make a full of everything list later.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Video Game Music

1. Skyrim. No question about it, Soule is a genius.
    2. Guild Wars 2. Also by Soule.
    3. Mass Effect: that one scene where you become a Spectre.
    4. The Legend of Zelda. Classic.
    5. Grand Theft Auto IV: Liberty Rock Station. It has good classic rock.
    6. Portal: Still Alive
    7. War Thunder
    8. Super Smash Brothers

...Can\'t think of any more.

Video Games

1. Minecraft
    2. Starmade
    3. DayZ
    4. Battlefield 1942
    5. Planetside 2
    6. Skyrim
    7. Oblivion
    8. Pokemon Ruby
    9. Guild Wars 2
    10. Mass Effect

Final Bosses

1. Indecision-So much left to do after the campaign! Where do I go?

Not many of the games I play have good end bosses. It is the journey, not the destination.

Items

1. Diamonds. No matter how rich you are, nothing feels quite as good as finding a diamond.
    2. Oak Logs. So many different building possibilities, plus it signifies the beginning of an adventure!
    3. M4A3 CCO: Such a good gun, and ammo is common if you know where to look! (DayZ)
    4. Dawnbreaker! It\'s like Sting, but makes undead blow up! (Skyrim)
    5. Spellbook: The most useful item in a video game. (Just about any RPG)
    6. Any M2 Ship (X3)
    7. A good sniper rife: It keeps you alive, and them dead.
    8. The Portal Gun
    9. My Pistol. Not only does it help in a pinch, but you feel like a badass when you get a kill with one in any game.
    10. Health Potions: Not only are they good to sell, but having a thousand of them in your inventory just proves how good you are!

Favorite Moments

1. That moment when you look back on your creation and realize how awesome it is.
    2. My first dragon kill. (Skyrim)
    3. Charging Stonemist Keep (Guild Wars 2)
    4. When the tide of the battle turns in your favor. (Guild Wars 2)
    5. When reinforcements arrive after you hold a point from triple your numbers for a half hour (Planetside 2).
    6. When the epic music starts playing.
    7. Becoming a Spectre (Mass Effect)
    8. Getting a Helicopter (DayZ)
    9. Dodecuple kill (Planetside 2)
    10. When I rolled between 2 archers, and they shot themselves. (Neverwinter)

Reaction score
    Unfortunately, minecraft and starmade wouldn\'t even be on a top 50 simply because of the lack of story and (decent) music, which are things that games like zelda are really big on, hence my serious love for them.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Well, these are my favourite video games :D

1. Starmade
    2. Minecraft (Close competition with Starmade :O)
    3. GTA V
    4. Skyrim
    5. Happy Wheels
    6. Pokemon Black
    7. BSGO (Battlestar Galactica Online)
    8. Portal 2
    9. AirMech
    10. EVE Online

Items is another story :D

1. Wood. You can make so much stuff with it, it can even save your life. (Minecraft)
    2. Fighter Jets. Lock on missiles are OP (GTA V)

I am going to have to think of some more, I have a mental blank right now :P

Reaction score
    I have actually played both skyrim and GTA5, and various resident evil games. I love a gory shooter as much as the next person, but that will never change my fond memories of The Legend of Zelda:Phantom Hourglass, my first ever game, I beat it at the low age of 8.

Reaction score
    Here is my top ten games.

1: ZELDA HURRRRR. Really though, the mildly-violent skill-and-smarts-based adventure game by nintendo rocks the story, (except for 1) the gameplay, the music, the moments, the final bosses, everything about zelda is awesome.

2: Knights of the Old Republic. Its Zelda with jedi instead of link!

3:Ninja Gaiden. Whoever wanted to play as a badass cursed ninja?

4:Super mario 3D land. Its the best 3D mario to date, with the series first final boss fight.

5: Pokemon games. Nuff said.

6: Resident Evil Revelations. Its gyro controls and overall awesomeness make it one of best in the franchise to date.

7: Starcraft 1 and 2. Its got epic music, a storyline worthy of a zelda game, and that RTS gameplay everyone loves.

8: The elder scrolls. The whole enchilada.

9: Dust an Elysian Tale. not a big fan of the portraits, but the immpressive visuals gamers are treated to while playing, not to mention the fact that it is one of the few games with a storyline that bests zelda\'s, make up for that.

10: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. Best transformers game ever.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Oooooh...

Top ten games:

1. Starmade, of course. I\'m addicted to a bug-ridden, glitchy, home-coded, feature-incomplete, and unstable game with a single developer and no marketing... And hanging out with the community or working on an ambitious new project is still fun somehow. That says alot, especially considering how many new features and fixes are always coming out.

2. Planetside 2. The moments where you are charging across a snowy field, your head filled with the ringing after-effects of a million explosions and your coms full with platoon leaders egging you on. Everywhere you look there are hundreds of soldiers, transports, tanks, and aircraft in your empire\'s colors, all converging onto the next base to capture. With unlimited lives, resources, and targets, Planetside 2 is probably the best war I will ever have the joy to participate in.

3. Skyrim. I\'ve had it for a while, and play it on and off. My god, there\'s just TOO MANY SIDEQUESTS.

4. Minecraft; everyone\'s seen it at some point. I still remember the good \'ole days of RP\'ing in RoleplayRevolution or Realm of Gwomath. I was very fond of the silly social interactions that Minecraft could spawn.

5. League of Legends. \'Nuff said.

6. Tribes 2. I have a lot of respect for this classic. I kinda grew up on it, and it\'s where I met internet friends who I built up a few communities with.

7. Copmany of Heroes. It just feels absolutely fantastic to have your one unit survive an entire horde of enemies simply because of your micromanagement.

8. Borderlands 2.

9. Guild Wars 2.

10. Global Agenda.

Reaction score
    Man, I wish I had a beefy enough computer to play planetside 2. I played it for about as long as it took 6 gigs of RAM to fill up and crash my computer.

Best 15 seconds ever.

Reaction score
    Video game music tracks

10. Halo 2 - Blow me away

9. Halo 2 - In amber clad

8. Crysis - Train disaster

7. Crysis 2 - Epilogue

6. Portal 2 - Still alive

5. Borderlands 2 - Short change hero

4. Gears of war 2 - March of the horde

3. Crysis 3 - Pause menu

2. Halo 4 - Never forget

1. Halo 4 - 117

Video games

10. Crysis 3

9. Gears of War 2

8. Army of Two

7. Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow

6. Borderlands 2

5. Planetside 2

4. Battlefield 3

3. Halo - Combat Evolved

2. Halo 2

1. Crysis Warhead

Final bosses

10. Minecraft - Ender Dragon (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TragHxvsqkA)

9. Gears of War 3 - Leviathan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HrRgtzQVhM)

8. Halo 2 - Prophet of Regret (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fx1lrOmFaAM)

7. Halo 3 - Scarab (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm-ETctx-0c)

6. Half-Life: Source - The Nihilanth (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pOV38NdrvI)

5. Borderlands 2 - The Warrior (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ1cP5Dnztw)

4. Halo 2 - Tartarus (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNTuKxB6kNc)

Tartarus

Code:
    Tartarus
    3. Super Mario 63 - Bowser (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3-8ODmfsk4)

2. Crysis 3 - Alpha Ceph (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8vvKLhpXOM)

1. Crysis - Warrior (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmxy2AGsHug)

Items

10. Gold

9. Gravitron

8. Portal gun

7. Submachine gun

6. 50. Sniper (*pop* them heads!)

5. Mini-gun

4. Chainsaw

3. Particle sword

2. Railgun

1. Golf club (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY-OnelN-hk)

Moments in video games

10. Borderlands 2 - Shoot claptrap with bertha

The moment where you actually can stop claptrap from always talking sensless stuff! Who doesn\'t love that?!

9. Halo: Reach - Last stand

I know, \"it\'s just a cutscene\" but six is such a badass while fighting those elites!

8. Crysis 3 - Michael Sykes skinning

The moment where Sykes (alias Psycho) finally sees who was responsible for his skinning.

7. Gears of War 3 - Doms last bang

Where Dom drives a tank-trailer into a gas station. Brought tears in my eyes (last game where this happened was...nah I never had this in a game until this moment).

6. Halo 4 - Fortencho surrenders (terminal scene)

Not everyone who played the game has seen those scenes. If you haven\'t yet, get those terminals, the story they tell is really cool.

In this specific scene you\'il notice why mankind are the bad guys for the forerunners.[Spoiler/]

5. Halo: CE - Halo explodes

The moment where you think \"it\'s over, I beat the game\" and masterchief just says \"I think we\'re just getting started\"...well shit, 4 hours of gameplay for nothing ;)

4. Planetside 2 - Reinforcements

I agree with Luna. Once I had a fight for about 5 hours just for a small outpost...we where about 10 guys and got attacked over and over again of both enemy factions (about 30-50 guys, no time to count). Finally after 5 hours in hell we got reinforcements with 10 drop pods, 5 flying-transporters, 5 tanks, 2 fighters and a load of ground troops...we unleashed hell one last time and finally won the outpost...well for about 30 minutes before we got overran and lost it again ;). But it looked so freaking awesome to see all those guys approaching at the same time. I think this might have been clan-members, I\'ve never seen something again.

3. When the epic music starts playing

Again I have to agree with Luna. I could have taken a specific scene (maybe the Halo 4 Broadsword fight or Halo 2 Delta Halo Scorpion scene), but it\'s always like you\'re the only one able to save the world, galaxy or whatever. You feel like you have to stand up and salute to the whole world when you finished those scenes.

2. Halo: CE - Warthog run

The pillar of autumn explodes and you\'re driving arround with a warthog to reach the hangars and flee. Everyone loves such moments.

1. Halo 3 - Warthog run

Everything explodes and you\'re driving through with a warthog again (dejavu)...I think noone got this race on the first time ^^.