Oculus Rift Support Added in Newest Dev Build (0.1635)

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    :O

Time to buy one :D

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    How about Google Cardboard or Durovis Dive. I mean, I just need the rounded SBS view at the moment
    But i believe this guy is building an app to send gyration signal from android back to pc to get the same result as Oculus Rift

Reaction score
    That is awesome. Shame Facebook (One of the most vile and degenerate corporations in the world) bought it, I'll never be able to experience it :/.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    :O

I wonder...
    *holds Z while in ship*
    *Most motion sick Zeno's ever been*

Reaction score
    That is awesome. Shame Facebook (One of the most vile and degenerate corporations in the world) bought it, I'll never be able to experience it :/.
    Well, when there's money into play...

By the way, the Oculus Rift isn't the only VR helm/glasses/whatever in the market. Just to cite a few : InfinitEye, HMZ-T2, ST1080.

Linkage : http://vrwiki.wikispaces.com/InfinitEye+V2
    Centered around the InfinitEye, more than the others, but that's the first I found.

Now, I have no idea of how the dev support of the Oculus is, same goes for the others VR stuff, but it's very likely VR in general will be generalized. Aaaaaand we can hope there isn't that much motion sickness later on :3

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    not trying to start a "THIS COMPANY IS EVIL" argument, but the oculus team really could use the resources and funding facebook can provide. Facebook, while arguably evil, is also known for buying projects they believe in, and allowing them to operate independently-ish, which I believe is what Oculus have.

Reaction score
    Okay If the released version of Oculus has more than a little facebook logo on the corner of the device or on the box I'm switching VR systems.
    *pew pew pew* "He's onto me! Requesting supp-"
    "You have 2 new notifications."
    "You have 1 new friend request."
    "Would you like to experience our new virtual game, farmville 4d?"

>_>

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    not trying to start a "THIS COMPANY IS EVIL" argument, but the oculus team really could use the resources and funding facebook can provide. Facebook, while arguably evil, is also known for buying projects they believe in, and allowing them to operate independently-ish, which I believe is what Oculus have.
    Since when has Facebook committed genocide in East africa? Or sent their friends to be suicide bombers in populated areas? Or enslaved women while claiming that it is decreed by God? Or stolen from people's retirement accounts to keep the money for themselves?

Facebook is NOT EVIL. They MAKE MONEY. And they are really, really good at it. For crying out loud.

I'm also skeptical about their future handling of the OR, but nothing has happened so far, so we cannot judge.

Reaction score
    Since when has Facebook committed genocide in East africa? Or sent their friends to be suicide bombers in populated areas? Or enslaved women while claiming that it is decreed by God? Or stolen from people's retirement accounts to keep the money for themselves?

Facebook is NOT EVIL. They MAKE MONEY. And they are really, really good at it. For crying out loud.

I'm also skeptical about their future handling of the OR, but nothing has happened so far, so we cannot judge.
    Yes they are. I won't argue with you because you've probably made up your mind and will likely not change it, and you're using the 'appeal to bigger problems' fallacy. Then again, I've made up my mind and will likely not change it. Who's to say either of us is right?

Instead we shall get back on track: I wonder, if the 'binaural audio' system was implemented, would we have a more complete experience? Of course, we need more sounds but it would be a very immersive experience. Especially if you include a comfy seat.