.o81 suicide with missle bug

Reaction score
    recently i've sent in a couple bug reports.
    i'd fire missles point blank(not allways but close enough) in a ship and then i'd be stuck?
    so far it's happened 3 times to me. I can only assume the missle explosion is nocking me out of the core block.
    the first two times i just quit and then restart the game but for the third i decided to commit suicide and something strange happened.
    It's hard to explain but it's like the game made a copy of myself.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/36953471/.081%20playerX%20bug.rar
    here is a video file of the duplicate player bug( i'd use VLC to play it).
    Also this only occured after the missle bug. If i commited suicide after placing a block or after starting up the server i'd respawn like normal.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hi, thanksfor the report!

The bug was caused by another bug that would kick you out of your ship because a controller got destroyed. The kicking out had another bug that released the control of the ship, but did not request any control for anything then. that's why you couldn't move. A suicide would only kill the player and not see that the character is associated with the player (since it has not registered control of it after exiting the ship).

I fixed both bugs. You now getting only kicked out of the ship, when the controller gets controlled you're actually inside of. And when you are kicked out, the control is moved to the player character.

cheers,
    schema