NPC's, stations, large ships and collisions

Reaction score
    I've started having issues with NPC's. I've turned up the spawn rate in sandbox mode and found that this is causing some significant odd behaviors. For one, the AI will not engage station mounted turrets. For the past half hour I've been watching the stalemate that occurs when the station guns on a pirate station can't break a trade guild BC's shields, but the BC refuses to return fire.

The second, more important issue is the core of this complaint. As this goes on, the trade guild inevitably escalates and brings in a 50k mass BS that is enabled for NPC use, or was enabled till it started creating collision warps for everything within a 3 sector radius. Is there any way to make the spawning of larger ships more spacially manageable so they don't lag the server out with collision reports?

Reaction score
    I\'ve started having issues with NPC\'s. I\'ve turned up the spawn rate in sandbox mode and found that this is causing some significant odd behaviors. For one, the AI will not engage station mounted turrets. For the past half hour I\'ve been watching the stalemate that occurs when the station guns on a pirate station can\'t break a trade guild BC\'s shields, but the BC refuses to return fire.

Turrets will not target other turrets, perhaps the AI for ships acts in a simliar way.

The second, more important issue is the core of this complaint. As this goes on, the trade guild inevitably escalates and brings in a 50k mass BS that is enabled for NPC use, or was enabled till it started creating collision warps for everything within a 3 sector radius. Is there any way to make the spawning of larger ships more spacially manageable so they don\'t lag the server out with collision reports?

Go to your ship catalogue, you should see a few tabs inside, Personal, something else, and Admin. Click on Admin, find the ship that you don\'t want to spawn, click on the ship, click on the \'permissions\' button, and uncheck \'other\'. This should prevent trade guild ships from using the ships.

Reaction score
    I didn\'t know that other would disable the trade guild spawning it, which is probably something I want to do, but I did want to have the pirates be able to spawn sizeable ships. The collisions happen with them as well. Not sure how to resolve it or if it\'s even possible.