NPC spawn limit?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    So what does this actually do? ive tried all sorts of values but only get the same 3 factions i poked around in the folders and noticed that there were only 3 factions folders.
    So does this mean there are only 3 possibly factions or is there a way to have cause i was looking for a 5 faction galaxy then try to dominate them :)

Reaction score
    As of this time there is only the 3 major factions. Down the line 2 more major factions will be revealed, but we know nothing about them at this time. And before that (maybe?) the game will have smaller (maybe?) procedural generated factions using the assets from the fleet contest, but there's apparently a bit of work to be done in regards to making sure they function properly and have things such as stations etc.

In the mean time there's an (as of yet unused) NPC faction section in community content, and the functionality for you to add your own to the game. You could always just copy and paste the config files from one the other factions to save you some work if you just want to add more to the game.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ok thanks, I can of figured it would be alot of work to add more new factions considering all the work they put into the latest update which has rekindled my interest in the game. But i like the idea of just coping existing ones. If i was to do so any idea on how i would go about it?

Reaction score
    Haven't tried it, but look in the npc faction folder in the starmade directory (it will be under data). Make a folder for your faction, put the stations and ships in a zipped file, and copy one of the config files from the other factions. If you want them to spawn in bigger ships etc it might be worth playing with some of the numbers. After this go in the npcSpawnConfig and copy one of the sections for the other factions and change the name.

Like I said, kinda guesswork here but it should work. Maybe someone else will correct anywhere I went wrong here.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    welp i gave it a go and broke it to the point where no factions spawned :D aw well 3 is more then enough im just being greedy.
    Thanks for the help though when its not 2am i might give it a second shot