NPC shop changes

Reaction score
    With the most recent update and the introduction of player shops (woo make me mo' money!) it seems that without a way to actually get credits from a npc shop that has unlimited funds the economy will break entirely which will ruin many good servers. no money=nothing being bought because noone has any credits! so give npc shops there unlimited funds back please..

Reaction score
    Sell to the station when it has credits. Buy from the station when you have credits.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    There are near countless shops. It is not possible for all of them to be out of credits at the same time.

Reaction score
    Well considering shops don\'t restock properly (or didn\'t pre-patch anyway), I can easily see this being a problem quickly. Shops don\'t restock if they aren\'t loaded, and they are only loaded when someone is nearby, so if no players are near the shop it will never get restocked, so only those close to bases / 2 2 2 will ever get restocked.

Shops need to have a 24 / 48 hr timer or something to force a restock if it hasn\'t been visited by the trading guild

Reaction score
    That seems like it would be simple enough. Add a check when it comes back into range when it was last loaded. If it\'s been more than a certain amount of time it reloads it\'s stock.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    So it would be within someone\'s interest to have a station in a sector with several shops in it then, wouldn\'t that person then keep those shops loaded from their base?

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    >asks for better economy

>gets it

>complains

never change, starmade forums

Reaction score
    Its a good change, it just amplifies the issue of shops never restocking.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    I know for a fact that on NASS kids will hunt the trading guild ships that are trying to restock shops. Maybe this update will dissuade them from doing as such.

Reaction score
    The trading ships only hit sectors that are loaded though, so any shop outside of the normal area where people are gathered for hours at a time will never get restocked because no trading ships will ever travel to them.

On a few servers many shops haven\'t restocked for weeks / ever. Only ones around 2 2 2 will restock or those next to bases where players afk / build for hours at a time.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    I\'ve probably never dealt with this issue because i typically set up around a shop.

Reaction score
    In my experience Trader ships on NASS have actually just floated dead in space. They don\'t do a damn thing but sit in the nav menu.