NPC Factions

Reaction score
    Hey all, just had a quick question, is there a way to create additional AI controlled factions? i wanted to setup a faction that would load custom civilian ships that would spawn in system(small transports, cargo ships, miners)

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Hey all, just had a quick question, is there a way to create additional AI controlled factions? i wanted to setup a faction that would load custom civilian ships that would spawn in system(small transports, cargo ships, miners)
    You could do that but all the AI share their blueprints. If you have ai spawning cargo ships, you have pirates spawning cargo ships.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    i have been really pissed since the very beginning that there aren't more factions in starmade. i guess schema has his priorities set in stone.

Reactions: IG-1000
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    You can create npc factions, they just don't do anything really yet.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    When the faction system was introduced Schema stated that addition factions would be coming, and that they would vie for regions of space the same as the players. Perhaps additional options for factions, such as the one you suggest, will come with that update.

Reactions: Lidren
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    You could always use another Username and make a new Faction and set it to be an enemy to everyone then have AI ships and spawn in stations and ships for that faction. but that would really only work on multiplayer because you would know where everything was...

Reaction score
    You could always use another Username and make a new Faction and set it to be an enemy to everyone then have AI ships and spawn in stations and ships for that faction. but that would really only work on multiplayer because you would know where everything was...
    I'm pretty sure that's what they did on the server I play. There are pirates, but there also seems to be separate ai ships with different designs that are hostile to everyone.

Reaction score
    that's kinda what i was looking for on my server i have. i know i can create a faction with admin but what i wasn't sure of is if i could get AI ships to spawn.

i guess my next question is how do you set the faction to spawn AI once created?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    that's kinda what i was looking for on my server i have. i know i can create a faction with admin but what i wasn't sure of is if i could get AI ships to spawn.

i guess my next question is how do you set the faction to spawn AI once created?
    You dont, there is currently no way to get Ships to spawn in naturally without them being a part of the Pirate or Trading Guild factions. So you have to manually spawn in ships and set them to the faction...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I feel like testing that theory, at least seeing if custom NPC faction stations would spawn defenders when fired on like trade guild shops and pirate stations. Natural spawns of ships aren't even really happening in the current release version except for at sectors/ bases built too close to pirates.

Reactions: IG-1000