Read by Council NPC Construction Faction

Reaction score
    I would like to see a faction that can spawn in that solely builds ships for other factions. These ships would come off the existing BP list in-game, only if the BP is public, and would cost a certain amount of credits based on the ship size. This would be like the old system for purchasing ships but would be made by NPC's with a time-delay. Tomatart_B

Reactions: Lukwan
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    The ships could also be limited to certain amounts also based on mass. The ships could be delivered already registered to the purchasing faction.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Interesting Idea.
    I think all NPC factions will have build capability and maybe you could create deals with them.

The ships could also be limited to certain amounts also based on mass. The ships could be delivered already registered to the purchasing faction.
    This is a cool idea. You could make it interesting by having the ships delivered uhfactioned, with the risk of being stolen.
    Another option could be to have a pre-arranged date of delivery so you can be online to receive, intercept or greet the delivery.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I think all NPC factions will have build capability and maybe you could create deals with them.
    Not all.
    Some may use evolutionary magic without understanding anything about the genes their bodies and separatable limbs are build of.

They may drop flowers and recollect them later for energy extraction (with their own DNA) or use other species they collected rather than inventing high technology.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Having a subset of such a faction at the spawn sector would be an invaluable addition for brand new players. They could sit and watch ships being built over and over to learn how ships should be built. They could get a real live partner to help too if they want, but if they are feeling bashful, they could get their first construction tips from NPCs instead.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    I would imagine that there could be a faction like this but we still don't know what are the exact plans for each winner of the fleet contest. makes me wonder if any of the winners could have some lore input.

Reaction score
    It's good to get our ideas out so that they can guide their design of NPC factions :)

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Not all.
    Some may use evolutionary magic without understanding anything about the genes their bodies and separatable limbs are build of.

They may drop flowers and recollect them later for energy extraction (with their own DNA) or use other species they collected rather than inventing high technology.
    It's pretty much given that each of the NPC factions will build ships. Thus, it may be possible to make deals with them.

I mean, we know the pirates and trade guild build ships... and they had a great big ... guess what? ... ship building contest for NPC factions. So, uhm... evolutionary magic aside, the NPC factions will build ships. XD

Reaction score
    I don't think we need a specialized official faction for this, but any faction you're on good terms with that has a shipyard should let you order ships.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Not all.

I guess. One could only hope the AI would be this advance.

jayman38

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I was concerned that if this suggestion wasn't encouraged, every npc faction would simply spawn blueprints, without building them up. A new player could have a lot of fun watching ships being built up instead of spawned.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    So what we're talking about here is basically NPC controlled shipyards?
    Visit a place and order your ship, then wait for it to be built, or potentially order it and have it delivered through something like the trade interface?

jayman38

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I should think it wouldn't even need to be ordered. I would like to see NPC factions build up their own ships instead of just spawning them in.

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    I would like to see NPC factions build up their own ships instead of just spawning them in.
    Yes, this. It would be very cool if you could hire the NPC shipwright-guild to come to your base like hiring a contractor.

You agree to their fee (or provide access to your materials), then tell them where to start. Then a large construction ship arrives filled with workers (SCV's?) and they swarm over the build while it gets assembled exactly like the shipyard does. The whole thing is played for RP value so it's not vital that each welding torch match each block being built. The point is that it takes time, gives the impression of an actual job-site (not waiving a magic wand) and gives you something to watch in your lonely base. It may make things easier as well:

EG: tell the workers to use your own materials until they run out of the required blocks then the guild will simply charge you for needed parts and put them on 'back-order' causing further delay as the guild send out a team to obtain said parts and stock up on coffee and donuts. (Just make sure you have filled out your 27B/6 form ;).)

This should get some Love from the Nomads out there too.

*For realism the guild could consistently bill more than the agreed upon price. :p

Last edited: