NOW WITH VIDEO! My first full build "The White Lotus"

Reaction score
    EDIT:Here is a Video of my first "complete" build.

(Also, I would like to submit this ship for use in the trailer, how do I do that?)

The White Lotus was built to be a heavily armored deep space mining ship. The door in the back opens, and allows for transportation of an exploration drop ship (not yet built).

Feedback as always is welcome, as long as it is constructive :)

Attachments

Last edited:

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Awesome job with the lighting and use of glass. Really adds a lot of depth and makes it feel bigger than it is. If I could give any advice, it would be to try to continuously work up to more complex hull shapes while retaining those strengths.

Reaction score
    Thanks for the advise. The hardest part (I find) with continuing after this, is comeing up with some sort of build routine so I dont feel lost. What would you all recomend for tools to start roughing out a ship? What I'm getting at is, is it best to start with a shell and fill inwards, or start with internals and build the shell last? Any hints on taking the ideas in my head and transfering them to starmade would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Thanks for the advise. The hardest part (I find) with continuing after this, is comeing up with some sort of build routine so I dont feel lost. What would you all recomend for tools to start roughing out a ship? What I'm getting at is, is it best to start with a shell and fill inwards, or start with internals and build the shell last? Any hints on taking the ideas in my head and transfering them to starmade would be greatly appreciated.
    That really depends on what you find works best for you. Personally I build a frame, then the interior, then the shell and I fill in the systems last. The more you build the more you will find what works best for you.
    Oh and awesome first ship btw!

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    For a first ship that's really impressive! Nice job.

As for the interior / exterior first debate, i think most people who are concerned with performance and combat efficiency as a priority will build the systems first, test them then shell it. Vice versa for those with aesthetics as a priority.

Any hints on taking the ideas in my head and transfering them to starmade would be greatly appreciated.
    I've seen a few people sketch them out on a piece of paper first. Having a silhouette to follow could help.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Video is awesome, nice walkthrough! If you have Skype, I'd like to get you on it. I have some ideas for your ships :D