Not open for further replies.

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Alright, here goes.

IGN- LupoCani.

Reason for joining- Practicality. I find myself increasingly often wanting to share or discuss my work with other players, a shared build server makes that practical. As with any form of communication, the NFD server is superior by virtue of it's popularity.

My work- Nowadays, particularly since the rails update, I mostly tinker with various contraptions. Unfortunatly, the forum appears unable to embed .gifv files, and sometimes they don't even work correctly when the engine is busy recording.

I have also produced a few ships, most notably the Osprey cruiser:

She is, in the screenshots, in the process of refitting since the rails update.

Cake- Aperture-made black forest cake.

I hope this is acceptable.

Reactions: iceman6491

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Alright, here goes.

IGN- LupoCani.

Reason for joining- Practicality. I find myself increasingly often wanting to share or discuss my work with other players, a shared build server makes that practical. As with any form of communication, the NFD server is superior by virtue of it's popularity.

My work- Nowadays, particularly since the rails update, I mostly tinker with various contraptions. Unfortunatly, the forum appears unable to embed .gifv files, and sometimes they don't even work correctly when the engine is busy recording.

Server is currently down due to issues with the host. Application is accepted, but you'll have to wait until the server is fixed.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    NOTICE:

As of this time, the NFD server is back online.

LupoCani you have been whitelisted.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    what is going on with the server, FD? that's twice now i've been kicked, both times losing work.......

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    what is going on with the server, FD? that's twice now i've been kicked, both times losing work.......
    It's something with the rails, and the log is telling me nothing about where the screwy entity is.

"
    [2015-05-28 19:26:05] [SERVER][RAIL] collision time limit reached. Returning to last possible
    [2015-05-28 19:26:06] [SERVER][RAIL] collision time limit reached. Returning to last possible
    [2015-05-28 19:26:07] [SERVER][RAIL] collision time limit reached. Returning to last possible
    [2015-05-28 19:26:08] [SERVER][RAIL] collision time limit reached. Returning to last possible
    [2015-05-28 19:26:09] [SERVER][RAIL] collision time limit reached. Returning to last possible
    [2015-05-28 19:26:10] [SERVER][RAIL] collision time limit reached. Returning to last possible
    [2015-05-28 19:26:11] [SERVER][RAIL] collision time limit reached. Returning to last possible
    [2015-05-28 19:26:12] [SERVER][RAIL] collision time limit reached. Returning to last possible
    [2015-05-28 19:26:13] [SERVER][RAIL] collision time limit reached. Returning to last possible
    "

Such help, very useful. If I knew what it was we were trying to fix, we'd probably have it over with by now. But, this is the first build rail systems are in, so it's natural to expect errors. I'll keep you posted if we figure out what it is.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    It's something with the rails, and the log is telling me nothing about where the screwy entity is.

"
    [2015-05-28 19:26:05] [SERVER][RAIL] collision time limit reached. Returning to last possible
    [2015-05-28 19:26:06] [SERVER][RAIL] collision time limit reached. Returning to last possible
    [2015-05-28 19:26:07] [SERVER][RAIL] collision time limit reached. Returning to last possible
    [2015-05-28 19:26:08] [SERVER][RAIL] collision time limit reached. Returning to last possible
    [2015-05-28 19:26:09] [SERVER][RAIL] collision time limit reached. Returning to last possible
    [2015-05-28 19:26:10] [SERVER][RAIL] collision time limit reached. Returning to last possible
    [2015-05-28 19:26:11] [SERVER][RAIL] collision time limit reached. Returning to last possible
    [2015-05-28 19:26:12] [SERVER][RAIL] collision time limit reached. Returning to last possible
    [2015-05-28 19:26:13] [SERVER][RAIL] collision time limit reached. Returning to last possible
    "

Such help, very useful. If I knew what it was we were trying to fix, we'd probably have it over with by now. But, this is the first build rail systems are in, so it's natural to expect errors. I'll keep you posted if we figure out what it is.
    I don't believe those log lines are errors. I think that is simply rails working and schema left the log lines behind. I will take alook at the server when I get to a PC and look for anything unusual.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Alright, here goes.

IGN- LupoCani.

I like the cruiser, and the rail gifs are really funky :) is it an access port?

"
    "

I've got a fair amount of rails stuff going on in my cruiser, which was derping on every bp i saved. Feel free to delete it in an attempt to debug FD, may or may not make a difference. sector 9,0,0, the merciless class FDC. I will be replacing it tonight with one i have been working on in sp anyway.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!

I've got a fair amount of rails stuff going on in my cruiser, which was derping on every bp i saved. Feel free to delete it in an attempt to debug FD, may or may not make a difference. sector 9,0,0, the merciless class FDC. I will be replacing it tonight with one i have been working on in sp anyway.
    well, Cybertao removed his mech, and that ended most of it. a few of us also removed other things, and the server is acting fine right now.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    ah okay cool, good to here. Shame the Mech had to go though!
    To be honest, it barely worked on the server due to how weak rails and rotors are to lag in the public build. I'm glad I put it in my SP before now though, due to issues with the blueprints. Ahwell.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    i'm sure FD would have let you save it if you hadn't already, CyberTao
    Oh, that isn't the problem. The problem is that the BP does not save to local properly for some reason. After like 5 tries I ended up just taking it semi-apart and putting it back together. Buggy rails be buggy.

therimmer96

Reaction score
    Alright, here goes.

IGN- LupoCani.

How are you supposed to use that extending docking arm if you cant use the docker across entities? o_O

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Thank you. Yes, it's an extendable docking arm, currently compliant with USD-1 and 2.

How are you supposed to use that extending docking arm if you cant use the docker across entities? o_O
    Yes, the drawback is it's female-only, the ship will get a m/f port somewhere else on the hull. The extendable arm is for other ships docking to the Osprey, since not everyone has the sense or ability to make their docking port the farthest-extending thing. (Particularly those in the faction I'm currently allied with.)

therimmer96

Reaction score
    Thank you. Yes, it's an extendable docking arm, currently compliant with USD-1 and 2.

Yes, the drawback is it's female-only, the ship will get a m/f port somewhere else on the hull. The extendable arm is for other ships docking to the Osprey, since not everyone has the sense or ability to make their docking port the farthest-extending thing. (Particularly those in the faction I'm currently allied with.)
    damn it, I was hoping I wouldnt have to scrap my retracting collar -_-

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    damn it, I was hoping I wouldnt have to scrap my retracting collar -_-
    Why would you do that? Just keep the collar and put a slightly more discrete m/f port somewhere else on the ship. As long as you keep the collar, the m/f port can even be submerged beneath other stuff.

Status
    Not open for further replies.