Nova Class Dreadnought - Babylon 5 (WIP)

Reaction score
    Hello everyone, I've been working on making a 50% scale (750m long) Earth Alliance Nova class dreadnought, which is from Babylon 5. It isn't seen often in the shows as it is an older design, and has been replaced by the Omega, however the Omega has a rotating section, which we can't make in Starmade. So far I've been making the exterior hull, I have put details on some parts but not others.

This was in the early stages, when I had only made the front.

A bit further along. You can see the SMedit imported model that I am using to get the relative dimensions right, and the measuring sticks of lights I have put all over the place.

The sky is broken in these recent ones.

Those little "fans" are pretty silly, considering we're in space, I'm struggling to come up with things to decorage that part with. The red bits are supposed to be missile doors, I'll put heatseekers behind them when I am up to weapons.

That's it for now, I'll put more pictures in as I get closer to completion.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Looking good. As for the fans they don't look too bad. Might want to vary the color of components in that area a bit.

Reaction score
    Where can I download the ship? And you had also the Nova class destroyers?

Reaction score
    Hey xXGrizzlyXx , I took a rather long break from it, so it is mostly still just a shell.

Now that rails have arrived, I've started working on including them. The turrets are looking pretty good IMO. I probably should have not been so ambitious at the start though, 750m long ships take a really long time to make, especially with limited playtime. I was thinking about asking if other people wanted to finish it cooperatively on a build server, as that is the only way it seems likely to get done.

If I'd started building it after the rails update, I would have done the Omega with the rotating middle bit. This would probably be not too hard to convert to an Omega using a giant copy paste anyway.

Reaction score
    Looking good, now we just need to get rotating sections working for the Omega Class Destroyers :)