Nova Ascendance: Faction PvP and Conquest Server [[Coming Soon]]

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    This server aims to create something Starmade is seriously missing. A persistent reason for factions to fight other then just bragging rights.

===================================================

How I plan to do it:

Control points:
    The best and most important things in the game will not be free or easy to get. There will be limited places in which to get them. Whoever controls these locations will be able to manufacture large amounts of these items. giving them a huge advantage... but also making them a huge target.

Mining:
    The grass is greener on the other side! Mining in the territory of another faction gains you 2x the resources then mining in your own. Asteroids also take a long time to re spawn, you you better protect them!

Super Tough Pirates:

Pirates have special loot that you will need to craft the best items.... and I have artificially boosted their Armor and HP with special blocks.... Good luck with that! You better bring friends... lots of friends...

Big Juicy Planets:

Most of the planets will be very small. I will occasionally spawn in a nice big one that will be more then worth fighting over.

Scraping:
    The useless neutral stations now have a use! The scrap you get from them is now the main source of metal mesh and crystal composite.

Crew(sort of):
    To give people something to strive for I have introduced blocks that will artificially boost your HP, Armor, or both! For credits you can hire "crew" to make your ship more powerful.... there might even be special rewards that make it REALLY powerful.

Blueprints bought with blocks:

Cause why not.

==============================

Interested? read on:

==============================

To make all this work I have found I need to greatly modify the configs for the game:

WHO THIS CONFIG IS FOR:

-People who like the ship combat in games like Homeworld, EVE and Sins of a Solar Empire.
    -People who want a more rounded game experience with ship rolls and a clear difference between different classes of ships.
    -People who wants a clear systems of checks and balances. For every major advantage you gain, you loose a little something.
    -People who want to make better use of Armor, ship HP and want to get shields under control.
    -People who like to crafully engineer their ships with things like docked reactors and interiors.

WHO THIS CONFIG IS NOT FOR:

-People who like the ship combat in games such as Freelancers, Elite, and any other twitchy / quick sort of thing. ( but in this config fighter combat still works this way)
    -People who complain that ship combat takes to long
    -People who just want to build pretty bricks.
    -People who only want to use the biggest ships possible.

SOME OF THE THINGS THAT HAVE BEEN CHANGED:

-Armor on all levels has received a large buff, and HP contribution has been increased
    ships are way more durable, armor values are higher.
    -HP overall has received quite the boost to make all those HP loss trigger de-buffs meaningful.
    I don't know about any of you, but I'm always dead long before I get to see what the de-buffs actually do.
    -The base damage of weapons have all been buffed, and the power consumption lowered.
    -The group multiplier for weapons has been increased. So the more separate groups you have the more power the weapon system will consume.
    -Thrusters have been tweaked and their power consumption increased to slow those big ships down.
    a small ship can easily fly circles around a larger capital ship.
    -The block specific mass for a number of things has been either lowered or raised.
    -The HP condition triggers have been adjusted to match the changes to HP values.
    You will loose control of the ship at 50%, but the ship will not overheat till 30%
    -Effects have received a considerable boost to help add some strategy into combat.
    I was surprised to find that most effects had been essentially "turned off" meaning all their values set very low. Not sure why, but I added values back in.

Now the ones I know a lot of people will hate:

-Shield recharge now has a stiff diminishing return and has increased power consumption.
    With armor now providing most of the protection, shields needed a nerf.
    -Power re-gen soft cap has been lowered to 500k. The multiplier has been increased.
    This means you hit the 500k cap very quickly. Giving small ships ample power for thrusters and weapons.

There are also a lot of other little tweaks I've made, and I wont quite into detail on those.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Zyrr

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    There's a mod for the game called Ares Mod that has these control points you are wanting to make. You might be able to snag parts of that mod to speed up the creation of some of your ideas here. :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    yes I have checked that out, and its really cool. I want to create something with out a wrapper however that anyone can just drop into server files and use right away.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    ok! I am just about ready to roll this thing out!

===============================================

I am now taking applications for factions of 4 or more people to get an early start on the server. PM me for more info.

Time to put up or shut up people. I've seen a lot of talk over the last few month about how there is still nothing to do in this game.

Here is a solid attempt to give players something to do other then just build.