Note-blocks

Reaction score
    Being a bit of a logic fan, and having just built a concert hall, I realised that note blocks are missing in the game.

By Note-blocks I mean a logic activated block that produces a sound for as long as they are activated. Furthermore the block would be set to produce a frequency, and have a range ideally that of a piano or organ.
    Why may you want this? Well it's not as such a "vital" addition to the game but it is something that at least in my opinion would improve game play and goes nicely with the logic we already have.
    There would be many uses for this, such as alarm systems or concert halls on your favourite planet/ station.

Reaction score
    We need sound blocks just so we can edit the sound files. I need lasers to sound the phasers and for doors to make noises when opening.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well, using the note blocks as a basis, since they will probably already have an interface screen, so we could also add range as a parameter. Imagine greeting visitors to your sector or maybe even system with a dramatic crescendo of music.

Also, call them speakers. No copyright infringement.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'm thinking about how much fun this would have been for the abandoned station contest. There were plenty of spooky entries, so you just -know- a lot of builders would have had a lot of fun putting in sudden jump-scare sounds/notes.

Reactions: Almond
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    first i want the game to actually have sounds before there comes blocks that make custom ones

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Indeed. Developers has yet to reach a necessary basis for regular sounds for thrusters, different weapon setups and tools, jump/warp drives, shield collisions, ambience for factories, lights and possibly crystals, power outage, etc. Desire for something like speakers, while even basis of sounds and music is almost entirely missing, is unreasonable.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    There are a few limited sounds (unless they have all been inactivated completely), so this suggestion fits DivineEvil's apparent definition of "reasonable". Therefore, it's still a valid idea. Plus, it will be an interesting addition when sound becomes a more integral part of the experience. (As it is, I don't listen to any of the sounds in the game.) It could be a mod-only system, left out of the default game.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    schema added by default a few sounds to the game and has never added any new since
    ui sounds, cannon, disintegrator, core sound, space ambience
    otherwise nothing has been added for the 1.5 years i have played the game.
    he even removed the shop tech sound about 1 year ago which sucked.
    :(

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I definitely want a few standard sounds in the game that should all be logic-triggerable via a new "speaker" block:

- Alerts (varying alert sounds from terran military style to weird-ass alien style)
    - Door sounds (small door swooshes to large hangar door humming)
    - Ambient sounds ("creaking" sounds, machine beeps of all kinds)
    - A few standard phrases for computer voices ("Evacuation in process", "Reactor overload", "Initializing systems" etc)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I want it so bad!
    I want badder!!
    If implemented I WILL be using speakers/note blocks to 'perform' all my favorite pieces in Star-made :D

-->Also, prepare for deeeep bass fog horns on all my titans ;3