Bug Not spawning in where I logged off at.

Reaction score
    This happens while playing in sandbox mode. Very re-produceable on my own machine.

After logging off inside of my station in astronaut mode(exiting game), when logging back in I will be directly under the station. If I log out floating very high above the floor (over 5 meters) I will sometimes spawn inside the station. If I move away from station and log out(exit game), then I will spawn again where I logged out.

Thanks

--Correction:

After experimenting further, it looks like my position gets offset by a certain distance both vertically and horizontally every time I start the game and log in. Sorry about the incorrect info above..

I simply repeatedly exited the game and restarted; taking careful stock of the position each time and not actually moving. I'd say that after 4 sessions the position was offset by maybe 25 meters vertically and 10 to 15 horizontally. That's just an estimate though.

I'm going to double-check the server settings, but since I haven't changed them from stock it's seems doubtful that would be the issue.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    If you are in gravity or the core you made is obstructed in any way, you will be left outside- drifting further is a new problem that I haven't heard of though

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Since last update i've been spawning outside of things that wherent obstructing before aswell. Its quite irritating

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I can confirm this. The respawn position is always offset slightly to the place I log out from since the 0.15997 update. If I'm in a ship, even though there is a huge space around where I log out from, I will be outside (usually under) the ship when I log back in. The same happens if I log out while inside the space station. I most times spawn under the station, and sometimes in an inescapable cavity within the station and have to either admin my way out or dig my way out.

It presents a big problem when you spawn in, and your base is currently under attack from an enemy or by pirates (because other players are in your sector). It takes quite a while in astronaut mode to fly around to the ship door, or get to somewhere safe in the station (homebase build block) and the result is usually you get shot and die before getting there. I've been carrying a build block in inventory to quickly place and enter for when this situation occurs to counter this bug.

Reaction score
    I'm having the same issue in a large ship where instead of spawning in the core room I logged off in I spawn somewhere behind it in the guts of the ship with no way out.