Not require holding left click while charging Jump Drives?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It would be nice if we didn't have to hold down left click to manually charge the drive. I don't mind selecting it in my hotbar while piloting the ship (prevents using weapons while you are charging), but on long journeys it's rather boring/wearing to do nothing but hold down left click while the drive charges.

As it currently stands you can't click anything on your galaxy map or hit N and change destinations. No reorganizing your inventory alphabetically or doing things on another monitor. Same with changing chat boxes. All you can do is sit and hold left click while admiring your ship.

That's my small quality of life request anyways. Well that and a proximity buzz or screen indicator informing you that weapons are being fired near/at you :)

Spartan4845

Master of Chimichangas and Star Trek Shells
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    It'd be nice to set it with a logic, when they are usable on the action bar, or something to start auto charging. Then you can do what ever until its done. It'd be even nicer if we could charge in combat that way, but with a higher charge cost, that plus the fact that it would be dangerous to do since you are stealing power from weapons and shields.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Until forms of interdiction are in, keeping jump drives on a manual charge is here for balance reasons. Otherwise the risk that comes with jumping into danger would not be there.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Until forms of interdiction are in, keeping jump drives on a manual charge is here for balance reasons. Otherwise the risk that comes with jumping into danger would not be there.
    Sorry let me clarify, I'm not asking to remove the manual charge and make it like the Scanning Antenna. Instead something like not having it charge unless it is your currently chosen weapon in your hotbar would still require it to be manually chosen and would be functionally similar to how it currently is. Or clicking once to start charging but you lose all progress if you switch away from that system.

I really just do not enjoy being able to almost literally do nothing but stare at empty space while my jump drive charges. I know things are still changing, especially with current pvp issues of how jump drives in combat are handled, so I'm not rawr up in arms. I just wanted to make sure this issue was brought to their attention.