Not being able to move turrets and other issues

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    the title speaks for itself, if i enter a docked turret it cant move, it is also worth noting that i havent played starmade in awhile and the newer versions are having trouble with fps. the fps rarely goes higher than twenty in an area that isnt populated and the game is getting hiccups and other latency issues to the point where my own private game froze and told me that the server wasent reponding for about half a minute. the final concern i have is that after placing a block it does not appear for about half a second. if thee is anything i should know involving problems i might be having with my own computer if if i need to send in some kind of report, please dont hesitate to tell me.

Reaction score
    Same thing here, ever since the last update(s) my game\'s been getting slower and now the turrets stopped moving when i try to manually control them.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I keep getting error that i am low on memory and when loading something about GZip whatever the hell that is

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    same issues here. building is extremaly laggy, and the turret bug renders my destroyer useless....

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    its worth noting that i have a computer with an intel core i5. it is known that the the intel cores have issus with starmade, i do howver have updated graphics drivers with the latest version of java installed as well as a computer that is less than a year old. it is possile that the database migration may be part of the issue and i urge someone who knows far more about computers than i do to look into the cause of such issues.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    intel gpu\'s have issues with starmade. not cpu\'s. the fact that your computer has an i5 doesn\'t affect starmade working or not, the fact that intel has an integrated gpu called intel GMA (graphics media accelerator) that is widely used in most PC\'s that have intel CPU\'s is the part that messes withsstarmade. if you switch out to an Nvidia or AMD/ATI GPU, the graphical problems wont be as bad or will disappear. (but not the turrets not turning).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    not being able to move turrets is convinient for me, is more easy to build the turret already docked , because if y dock, and accidentally move the mouse before press space to enter the build mode, the floor of the turret docking unit, block some spaces in the construccion, and the turret is working fine in I.A mode, and i dont have need for use the turret myself

Reaction score
    Hi,

I\'ve had the memory issue too. I\'m not too sure what causes it, but I run my own little server on a different computer and restarting the client makes the \"low memory\" thing go away; so I suspect some sort of memory leak in the client (and not the server).

@Jarmenk3ll: I\'ve seen several people asking/complaining about turret movement on the chat over the last few days. I think about half of them want to do role-playing (e.g. a battleship with an actual crew of humans) and the other half are using turrets for things that bobby AI can\'t do (salvaging beams, repair beam, etc).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    i was having the same problems with my turrets but i thought i kept doing it wrong lol, glad i saw this forum!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    if you turn off bloom effect your fps raises dramatically mine when from 15 to 260