NOT a turrets share all shields thread (Alternative ideas)

Do you think this is a good idea?

• I like No. 1

• I like No. 2

• It should stay like it is!

• I like both! We should let Schema decide this!

Results are only viewable after voting.
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    When you look at the Suggestions Site you always see a "Let Turrets share shields with mothership" - thread. This is because it's not very logical ,that a turret has to have it's defensive capabilities inside of himself. Of course it would be Very OP to just let him share the Shields with his Mothership. So i came up with some Alternatives.

1. Partly Sharing

A Solution would be togive the turrets a fixed percentage of the main ships shields. For example You could give them shields Until the main Ships shields fall below a fixed percentage. When the main ship falls below this percentage (for example 75%) the turrets own shields could kick in.

This would give some protection to the turrets but could still be balanced by changing the percentage.

2. Shield linking

This is my preferred Version. Image the ability to link shields (both modules) to a docking module. This would mean that you would have to create a seperate Shield System for each Turret you attach. These linked schields will not give any protection to the main ship, but they will give protection to the turret. You could even add an inefficiency ,that reduces the ammount of shield strength and recharge speed bz a fixed percentage, so this could also be balanced.

I hope zou like my ideas. If you have anything to add feel free. I can always improve the post ;)

Reaction score
    I like idea 2 but I doubt it would fly because as I understand it the whole idea behind turret self shielding requirement was to make them more vulnerable to fighters and small damage craft, also forcing damage output to be sacrificed for defense or vice verse. The do not want turrets to be any stronger, when compared to an equal sized ship, then they already are.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    But it would be nerfable (For Exampleonly 25% effciency) so it wouldn't be the best way to bring shields on your turret

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I like option 2. It allows people to sacrifice their own shields to make their turrets stronger, without needing to make the turrets huge.

Reaction score
    Pretty sure both ideas have been thrown around before. I suggest we wait until we get the docking/rails update thats coming

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I made a suggestion on another thread where turrets require their own shield capacitors but siphon shield regen energy from their parent ship. I guess that would be a variation on option no. 1. Though option no. 2 sounds neat too.

I like my idea because it parallels the way power is shared between ship and turret and would theoretically be easier to implement.