Nostalgia

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Purchased!
    For some reasons, i felt reminiscent of Starmade and wanted to write something. It was a good game. Unique. I think I never spent that much time in any other game. It still makes me sad, that it ended the way it did.. I remember a lot of the peeps I used to hang with back then and with some I even have still contact to (also rerember those I had a fight with.. hey guys! :P). And I still remember the first time I joined a server .... If it hadn't been for Kara, that beautiful person, who patiently taught me all the basics of the game, I would never have stayed for the felt eternity I did :). Thank you Kara! I hope you are doing well! I hope you are doing all well! [message ended there]

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    You know... Having jumped ship for other games, I felt the same way. Then another fellow StarMade fan, reached out to me and pulled me back in to this game. Now I can't stop building.

Shortly after that, This announcement was made.

As always, take this with a grain of salt, but we might not be quite finished with this game.

Reactions: happahappa

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    What's the announcement? Somehow the link isn't working for me.
    From the Feline Overlord himself.
    1704636109992.png
    1704636143727.png

This new prebuild requires a new launcher to function.
    It can be found here: Releases · garretreichenbach/New-StarMade-Launcher

Be careful with this thing, as it's by no means, a finished product and likely (diffinitely) buggy at this stage.

I recommend setting up a fresh vanilla install, away from your main game install, in case something breaks.

Reactions: Lidren
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    And updates on steam. Was there a branch somewhere?

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    And updates on steam. Was there a branch somewhere?
    It's... Complicated.

From what I've seen, schine, a few prominent StarMade players and elements of the Quickfire team are each working on separate parts of the game then combining their efforts.

Specific areas of focus are bug fixes, rebalancing, industry overhaul and the universe update.

I recommend visiting the Starmade Discord for more details on who's who, what's what and what will be.

Reactions: Ithirahad
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Purchased!
    Well, after so many years, it's nice to see how some people are still invested, and i understand where their passion is coming from. but the game left a very bitter taste in me. i still believe, the vision of this game, great as it was, was still too much for the technical and personal means to realise it. some of us will soon receive their decade badge (10y) and nothing will have fundamentally changed. it was a good time, but even so it was troublesome. nice to see the community being the last bastion. but it just reinforces the feeling, that this game is abandoned by its creators. i don't believe anymore that the core issues of the game will ever be solved. but starmade touched something fundamental, that released an unknown creativity in so many of us. schema's vision was just to big for what was basically just a 1-to-5-people-team.

Reactions: Lecic