"Normal," Vanilla Servers?

Reaction score
    Look, I can't suggest stifling creativity or anything, but everywhere I go there's mining bonuses, weird new stations, strange game-warping gimmicks like free stations/millions of credits etc. or warp gates that go infinite.

I also nerd out and like to roleplay but likewise when I check a thread almost immediately the lore is extravagant and maybe there's some rules to it, but inevitably "special snowflake" characters fill the thread and inevitable compromise occurs and everything goes into IC chaos.

There's a lot of "no trolling" or vague "don't act mean" rules all over the place and although I think it's good to foster a good environment, factions etc. are sort of meant to be a PvP element. Server population an issue, you'd think, when everyone can have fun on practically a creative server? Maybe that's how it's got to be then. For one, on a server without things like 16x mining or whatever absurd amount, you see a lot less gargantuan ships.

Mostly, looking for a generally "IC" but laissez-faire type server, if it exists. I'd rather see "don't be a dick" than "no trolling/griefing/attacking other factions without asking!" Hell, there's a reason your faction's first station and all docked entities get immunity. The world is also a big place, no reason there should be too much quabbling if you want an isolationist faction.

I'm not trying to be a grouch, but just checking and seeing if something like this exists.

Reactions: Az14el and Valck

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    a PVP server is probably the closest thing to what your looking for.

Reaction score
    If you dont mind the server being pretty empty, I tend to play on direct.groundtactics.com:4243
    It has a few QOL tweaks, namely bigger jump/warp distance and no sun damage, but no mining bonus and the biggest rule is "if you're a dick, take the consequences".

Reaction score
    Craftau server. no mining bonus, PvP while still being friendly to the builders (they ask for alliance/friend stance straight out or never leave their base)

The PvP stance is also boosted with bounties offered by admins, players forward money to an admin who then waits for evidence of the targets demise, then pays it to the killer, bounty list is on the craftau forum

Reaction score
    Look, I can't suggest stifling creativity or anything, but everywhere I go there's mining bonuses, weird new stations, strange game-warping gimmicks like free stations/millions of credits etc. or warp gates that go infinite.

I also nerd out and like to roleplay but likewise when I check a thread almost immediately the lore is extravagant and maybe there's some rules to it, but inevitably "special snowflake" characters fill the thread and inevitable compromise occurs and everything goes into IC chaos.

There's a lot of "no trolling" or vague "don't act mean" rules all over the place and although I think it's good to foster a good environment, factions etc. are sort of meant to be a PvP element. Server population an issue, you'd think, when everyone can have fun on practically a creative server? Maybe that's how it's got to be then. For one, on a server without things like 16x mining or whatever absurd amount, you see a lot less gargantuan ships.

Mostly, looking for a generally "IC" but laissez-faire type server, if it exists. I'd rather see "don't be a dick" than "no trolling/griefing/attacking other factions without asking!" Hell, there's a reason your faction's first station and all docked entities get immunity. The world is also a big place, no reason there should be too much quabbling if you want an isolationist faction.

I'm not trying to be a grouch, but just checking and seeing if something like this exists.
    I think this might be a less ranty profanified Every single one of your favorite servers sucks: here's why without turning into a surprisingly educational faction server admin abuse history lesson.