Noob question

Reaction score
    Okay so I have 3 ships under my belt now, but as I eye bigger and bigger designs I'm puzzeld how people have the resources to construct such beast! I am playing in solo player sandbox to make the ships, are there codes or something, I'm not one for cheat codes but I also want to begin work on a capital ship without having to fly to 5 dozens sectors to buy materials.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    It is pretty much a cheat, but most people who build big ships just use /giveid to get massive amounts of stuff.

Think if it as the equivalent of creative mode in Minecraft.

The list of item ids is here:http://star-made.org/wiki/item-ids

Reaction score
    yes, cheats are for suckers. i despise cheaters.

and to ease the pain (or in my case save the time) u can use commands - check wiki, there\'s a command giveid which gives amount of block by id (on wiki).

just to clarify, i don\'t consider that cheat. this is a neat timesaver :P

and i really despise cheaters (true) :]

Reaction score
    Would for 100 grey hull wedge I would type:

/giveid PhortKnight 293 100

It doesnt work for me :(

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    First, you have to go into your admins.txt and add your playername to that file. That will set you as an admin, so you can use the commands.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    It should work for you, that is the right command. Try starting out by spawning a few power blocks. For me, it would be /giveid LegoRobot17 2 100

Reaction score
    The admins file is just a blank wordpad, so simply type my name into that, save it and it should work?

Reaction score
    If you\'re looking for hull then just salvage a station... you\'ll get loads of hull but if you want hardened hull then you\'re going to have to cheat.

Reaction score
    if you don\'t want to cheat, you could just put all that you have of a block onto a ship core, then save that as a ship and repeatedly buy it. when you get a lot more just add to the blueprint and resave it. it is still kinda like cheating, but at least you have to pay for what you get.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'ve managed to raise a fair bit of cash by just salvaging stations. Only took me an hour or so before I had a few tens of millions. The only limit then is shop stock, but I found one way around it is to just buy your own ships back, enter build mode, remove the blocks and remove the core. Particularly useful for acquiring wedge pieces which, for some reason, are like gold dust in the SM universe!!