Noob question need help

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    So I am building my first ship and running into problems with entering the ship. The only way I can find to enter is via the ship's core but, I want to have it protected with hull. I know there has got to be another way to enter a ship other than the core, especially with all the huge ships that I have seen people building. Any help would be much appreciated.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    There is no other way to enter a ship unless its the ship core. You can cover the ship core up in build mode when you get in and break it off when you get out. Either way, You will have to either leave it exposed or have the annoyance of breaking and entering.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    You can\'t. However, there are a few tricks. Do you know about cockpits? They allow you to create a second viewpoint while in flight mode. You can switch using the left and right arrow keys. And, you can use build blocks to enter build mode from anywhere. If you want to fly your ship though, you will need to enter the core. Finally, you can use plex doors to cover and uncover your core if you want.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    The only way to enter build mode or flight mode is through entering the core BUT the core doesn\'t need to be the area that you actually fly the ship from. Use cockpits to see outside the ship an keep the core safe on the inside (just make sure you can easily access it)