Non-canon Star Trek: Legacy Class

Reaction score
    I wasn't going to post this, especially until it was done, but i just finished up the nacelle chasis and figured: why not? This is, as the title suggests, a non-canon Star Trek-like ship that so far (class name still in the works) I have dubbed: Legacy Class; UAV Elderbrand. she has been built from scratch for the last 2-3 years, off and on ( due to life; work and family, more off than on). Though so far, she has most of the decking, engineering, bridge, 2 shuttlebays and a few other rooms, I have A LOT more work to do on her... still in gray primer, finish up and round out saucer section, round out and finish the aft, incorporate SEVERAL systems including but not limited to propulsion... guess at this point, I would greatly appreciate feedback... how she look? how does power measure up? size? etc, etc...
    current specs:
    Mass= 16,254.6
    Length=532
    Height=65
    Width=163
    Power=4,986,406
    Power Recovery=1,234,179.2

please feel free to ask questions, and sincerest thanks to any and all help :)

starmade-screenshot-0002.png starmade-screenshot-0003.png starmade-screenshot-0005.png

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!

Sorry but that dish section...

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Why'd you decide on the arched secondary hull/pylon thing rather than a Prometheus-style blended hull design and an oval deflector (or something) on top? Or some other... slightly more normal design...?

Reaction score
    i wish i had a scanner to upload the original sketch... i wanted to go for a classic, yet updated streamlined look... sorry, but the prometheus class is a little too... idk, boxy (i guess is the correct term?) for my tastes... i spent the last few months taking a break from forward and midsection and concentrated on aft and nacelles.. still need to round out/finish the saucer :)

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yeah, I'm not exactly in love with the Prometheus/Nova design either... But the humpy arch just strikes me as strange. I'll wait and see how the finished ship turns out.

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I like it :)

It looks cool and different

A good blend of star trek canon and creativity.

Its too bad you don't have too much time between work and life. I'd like to see what else you would come up with.

Reaction score
    i agree... the mid-section cmes too much to a "point" at the intersection of the saucer... but the aft of the saucer is actually one of the shuttlebays.... need to work on it lol

and thank you alterintel! means a lot to me :D

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Cool WIP. Can't wait to see how it turns out! Your hull design is quite unusual for... well for a starship in general. Very exotic compared to most ships. Reminds me of a vulture for some reason.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    It's all upside down with a broken back:/

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I am a massive fan of star trek and i kinda like this but its design seems well VERY odd what with the U shape leading the the necells that's a very odd design i wonder how it will come out will it be released once it's finished?

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Well, that's a one funky ship (that's a compliment)

Reaction score
    Lol thankyou all; i see i'll have to figure out how to best blend the midsection into the nacelles... Wasnt meant to have such a defined "arch", just kinda happened after covering up the power core and engineering :p The aft section i admit is kinda a mess right now; started a rough outer hull back there and didn't get around to "rounding it out" yet...but after a few months of working on that section, taking a break and reconcentrating on the interior (easier to work on that before outer hull) of the saucer. Finished up a few living quarters and medbay just a lil while ago! Next messhall and the Bridge... And yea, if enough people are interested, guess i could release it when finished! Thanks again all! Giving me the motivation to continue on it :)

p.s. that was actually part of my inspiration: an "updated" upside down constitution.... that didn't appear....... so upside down lol

Last edited: