Non-active turrets resuming default orientation

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Larger turrets are excellent at messing with your ship's internal structure by clipping through your hull when reorienting themselves and blocking of internal areas. Until the system is fundamentally overhauled, this is just something we'll have to live with, but there is one thing that could mitigate the nuisance significantly. If when no target can be identified, turrets were to reset themselves to their starting orientation, the issue would be exclusive to ongoing battles, when people are unlikely to be moving about the ship anyway. It would be of aesthetic utility as well, as turrets are nearly impossible to design for looking good in all orientations, so the more time they spend in their default one the better.

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Not that I can recall, though turrets did reset upon restarting the game.

Reaction score
    This would make for a nice feature although I still think the entire system needs to be overhauled.

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    This would make for a nice feature although I still think the entire system needs to be overhauled.
    Yeah, you've kind of made yourself known for that opinion.(And I do like your proposed system) And I agree, the system should be overhauled, but in the meantime this would be a zero-effort fix to almost entirely eliminate this particular issue. I'm guessing schema could probably throw it together in a few minutes, so I just don't see why not.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I think it should be a check mark option. I've found turrets are useful for planes and angles I can't normally accomplish. They also make great ramps onto docked ships.

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    How about a button in the structure menu? Either a toggle of some kind, or a single-instance reset trigger.