Nominate Starmade for a Steam Award!

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    If you aren't aware, Valve introduced the Steam Awards with this years Autumn sale.

The Steam Awards

Anybody can nominate any game for any category, but propose this community works together to nominate Starmade for the “I Thought This Game Was Cool Before It Won An Award” award.

This community may be minuscule, but if we really pull it together and vote the hell out of this thing, we might just maybe get Starmade some extra and much-needed publicity.

Go forth and Happy Thanksgiving to all you Americans.

Reaction score
    I did it as well. Hopefully we can get SM to win a bit of publicity like this.

Reaction score
    So let me get this straight....

You want this game to have another yogswarm that ends up leaving the game because the game is broken, buggy and terribly optimised and then this swarm tells friends about how terrible this game is and that you should not play it, this gets spread around and HEY PRESTO YOU JUST RUINED THE REPUTATION OF THIS GAME!

If that was your intention then good job you are a ####ing ###hole, otherwise.... yeah... no, I am not going to vote for this and neither should anyone else until this game gets into beta at least...
    I didn't realise you worked in marketing! Oh... you don't. Ah, maybe you work in the VG industry? No? Hmm, Entertainment industry? No...

Odd, how do you know what you're talking about? Oh, ok, so you don't know what you're talking about :)

Don't listen to the poster above me; they have no idea what they're talking about. I'll be voting for StarMade, don't let people dissuade you.

How do I know the poster above has no idea? My wife works in a VG marketing department and I'm a game developer ;)

Reactions: DukeofRealms

Jasper1991

Totaly not an alt, btw join Vaygr XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    Reaction score
    I didn't realise you worked in marketing! Oh... you don't. Ah, maybe you work in the VG industry? No? Hmm, Entertainment industry? No...

Odd, how do you know what you're talking about? Oh, ok, so you don't know what you're talking about :)

Don't listen to the poster above me; they have no idea what they're talking about. I'll be voting for StarMade, don't let people dissuade you.

How do I know the poster above has no idea? My wife works in a VG marketing department and I'm a game developer ;)
    Now this is right here is the new "I am an Ex Navy Seal so I know more than anyone else"

"I know more than anyone else because I said I work in Game Development and someone I know works in VG marketing"

If you knew anything at all about marketing you would know that if people are encouraged to buy a game that turns out to be unplayable (be it a result of bugs, toxic community or otherwise) they are going to feel screwed over by the developer and/or the marketer and 9 out of 10 times the unsatisfied bunch will tell others about that experience and that gets spread around....

In addition I am not necessarily basing my judgement on marketing knowledge but I just do not want history to repeat itself...

You have been around for less than 3 months so you would not know this but once upon a time Yogscast endorsed this game and when a swarm of people came to it most of them immediately left or left soon after because this game was buggy, badly optimized and the community was toxic.

StarMade still has these traits and will continue to have these traits until they being to focus in fixing them (in other words when they hit beta) so unless you want a Yogswarm repeat then you should not vote for this game until it is in beta.

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Jasper1991, please. Your forum rage has gone to new heights lately.

Starmade could use more players. This will probably get new players. Even if they don't all stay, Starmade still needs all the publicity it can get.

Reaction score
    Rough numbers : Someone that is pleased by something will tell in average 4 people about that product. Someone that isn't pleased will tell around 10 people that they're unpleased with that product.
    Publicity is a good thing but if the dev team don't invest on it that's maybe for some reasons. I think you should tag or ask them if that's a good idea before doing anything. That's their game after all, not yours.

Publicity isn't always a good thing.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I voted. Also Jasper1991 you are the only one being toxic right now here. 2 Vaygr members had a perfectly friendly joking spree in the Trident thread where we were quite friendly but then here you are instigating drama and supporting people who make very inconsiderate or un-welcoming reviews on new player CC content.

Raisinbat

Raging Troll
    Reaction score
    Jasper1991, please. Your forum rage has gone to new heights lately.

Starmade could use more players. This will probably get new players. Even if they don't all stay, Starmade still needs all the publicity it can get.
    I voted. Also Jasper1991 you are the only one being toxic right now here. 2 Vaygr members had a perfectly friendly joking spree in the Trident thread where we were quite friendly but then here you are instigating drama and supporting people who make very inconsiderate or un-welcoming reviews on new player CC content.
    Piss off, fucking white knights. Jasper1991 is spot on and your ridiculous whining wont win starmade anything. Game is barely playable at all, and you think it's getting any awards? MSPaint is a better candidate.

My vote goes to factorio; an actual game that's fun to play.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Piss off, fucking white knights. Jasper1991 is spot on and your ridiculous whining wont win starmade anything. Game is barely playable at all, and you think it's getting any awards? MSPaint is a better candidate.

I suggest you cool down and relax.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    I have to agree.

The game needs more players, yes. But it does not need them right now. If we want people to play the game when it's ready, they have to come at it with a fresh perspective. We can't expect every game to be as much of a success in its early development as games like Minecraft. Especially with the growing concern around Early Access games. The marketing and publicity push needs to come after the game is ready for it. Not now.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!

Unplayable lmao

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Ugh, everybody calm the hell down with your flaming shit.

That goes for the troll-feeders as well, you know better.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Yes, we don't actively market the game, we tend to avoid it and only market in small bursts where needed.

Thanks for the concerns, but a Steam Award won't actually generate any publicity above what we would normally receive from a sales period :P I could be wrong, but reading the developer's announcement (which isn't available to the public) doesn't suggest any massive PR boosts. If you want to vote for StarMade, you can, it wouldn't change much if it won a category.

What we do care about is reviews, so if you do nominate StarMade for an award, please go ahead and submit a review or update an existing one. You'll get an achievement from Steam as well as improve (or decrease) our rankings :)

Reactions: Calhoun and Crusade