No updates for a while-something big planned?

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I just want to stay where I am, thank you. I don\'t want to deal with running everything.

Reaction score
    -Starmade will now cost 60 dollars and require you to pay 10 dollars a month to keep starmade.

-The base starmade game will only include ship cores and grey hull.

-You can purchase expansions that cost 30 dollars each.

-Current expansions are only limited to buying new colors of hull.

-Before you can purchase any of the colors you must buy all 49 expansion packs adding 1 new shade of grey each.

-For 10000 dollars for you will upgrade to veterans edition!

-Veterans edition includes an alternative skin with a red face!

-All versions will have previous deleted bugs implemented as intended features.

(jk lol)

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    some things to remember:
    say it with me; This is ALPHA

also remember that the majority of what\'s being worked out are bugs and bottlenecks. Performance issues have to be hammered out before anything gets added. Otherwise the new stuff is def gonna be broken. between the new models, npcs and ai pathfinding theres a bit of room left for maybe some graphical/physics and communcations tweaks. some times the tweaks cause new trouble so be ready for two or three updates in quick fire. as one rolls out it needs patches and then the patch breaks something else so one more release usually gets it working again. at least well enough to continue testing.

the new models are still a wip so there\'s a chance we\'ll see a priliminary release with that implemented to see if it doesn\'t break something. if it works expect something to be found that needs a hotfix. if it doesn\'t work expect a rollback to the older model and a hotfix. if the model works out and works well another pre shoudl show up adding stuff to what the new model can do. IE removable helmets and showing weapons.

npcs prolly won\'t make an appearance. them and their pathfinding drop too many variables into the mix. now if models come out with the extras they are meant to have and work the next pre might have the npcs. but not more than one. and it\'ll prolly be based on the player model. path finding as it is now will likely work best on plants. trying to get it to work on stations and ships w/o gravity has a high propability of not making it out soon. gotta work out the kinks in gravity before we teach them how to deal with zero-gee.

now to the meat of the matter. tweaks to the engine. the big changes in star-made will come in the form of enhances to the engine running sm. physics calculation bottlenecks are high priority as are network bottlenecks. graphical issues might show up and those can be hot fixed or even left alone until the next release. all the recent docking, plexdoor and inventory issues come from physics and communications performance. additional checks have to be put in but not reffered to so often that the game lags. it\'s a delicate balance that\'s easy to roll out on paper but in practice could backfire.

TL:DR; -breadnought-

Reaction score
    I might as well join in on the fun: 20 possible things that could be happening

#1:he got the game Greenlit, and is sorting stuff out with steam

#2: He\'s implementing FTL, ramming damage, and nukes

#3: He\'s reprogramming the bobby AI to project a trollface when it kills a player ship

#4: He\'s Napping

#5: He got injured, and is in the hospital

#6: EA Hired him, and then Fired him and stole all his assets (Desert Combat anyone?)

#7: He remembered his life

#8: He got into star citizen\'s development and forgot about Starmade

#9: He\'s making Tetrahondoragumaridoniahadronical planets

#10: He\'s run into a completely incomprehensivly, unsolvable swarm of bugs.

#11: Schema Stopped work:Gone Insane

#12: He\'s too busy playing Starmade to work on it

#14: He gave up

#15: He\'s so busy adding so many features that he can\'t be bothered to post them

#16: Bioware bought the game, and is now turning it into another star wars MMO

#17: His PC crashed

#18: He got stuck trying to make an accurate version of FTL using quantum physics, and is trying to eleminate paradoxes, and time travel.

#19: He ran out of money and had to get a job

#20: He got access to an early version of Star Citizen, and we will never see him again

#21: This is here because there\'s no #13, so it\'s actually #20, or is it???

Try to top these!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Seeing as me and schema are fuckbuddies, I think I could insert some input.

First of all, Schema is planning to redesign a small part of the engine which is causing many of the problems with netcode. This means that multiplayer is going to be a lot smoother in the future.

In addition, he has heard the community\'s desires and is implementing at least three new gun types: Railgun, which requires a specific structure and actual ammo, Laser beam, which has longer range but smaller damage than AMC, and on top of this he\'s going to program a mechanic for player-made torpedoes, making bombers and such finally viable.

This is not all, however, as schema is based and can program faster than you can speak. With the help of some of the players who have decided to help him with their talents, schema is also bringing in a new set of textures which should make starmade look a lot more realistic and less \'legoish\'. Something like Space Engineers, but better.

And finally, the feature everybody has been waiting for: Jump gates/hyperdrive. Players will finally be able to construct and maintain jumpgates which allow them to move from one place to another in an efficient manner. The minimum size for these is 16x16 circle, and maximum is 250x250 circle, with larger ones requiring humongous amounts of resources and energy to upkeep. Going through the jumpgate also requires energy proportional to the mass of the ship. The jumpgates will be accomplished with three types of blocks: jumpgate controller, jumpgate ring block and jumpgate \'fuel\' tank. This leaves lots of space for faction-specific design and details.

The patch will also include numerous bugfixes.

Anyways, that\'s what schema has been working on lately, hope it makes you excited!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Actually just those words of yours as a joke, which show how you think, start to make me doubt your peaceful intentions.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    lol, no update in 2 days (before this thread was started) and people start speculating, 2 more days later, they get deep into conspiracy and money.

Updates are not released several times / week, like when people complain they can\'t keep up with them. Those are only fixes of reported issues, and hotfixes when needed, true updates (with new stuff) takes more than a week.

Have fun,

-Mike

Reaction score
    I\'m sure one he has finished working on Half Life 3, The Elder Scrolls Nirn, Fallout 4 and the PC version of GTA V he will come back with the update that adds a few small changes, such as fully spherical planets with dynamic gravity and everything on the to-do list.

(Seriously I think I may have started the best thread ever. I love this community so very very much.)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Schema became a Whovian and is too psyched about the 50th anniversary to do any work. 45 minutes till the pre-show!