No textures/black blocks

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ever since the update after version 0.093872, I have not been able to see textures on any blocks. I can see the "silhouette" of the blocks, but that's it - they are all pitch black. Here is a picture of an example:

http://imgur.com/IbpHSCp

You can still see the red engine ring-corona-plume-things, but all textures are just pitch black. The rest of the game seems to work fine. My game was working perfectly fine up until after the above-mentioned version.

My computer (a Lenovo T60p) is pretty old and uses XP 32-bit SP3, has 3 GB RAM, an Intel Core2 CPU T7600 @ 2.33GHz, and (perhaps most importantly) an ATI MOBILITY FireGL V5250 (up to 512 MB memory). Yes, the drivers are all up to date.

Perhaps this is a bug with some sort of solution or workaround? I hope it doesn't mean my computer won't be supported in future versions. :( Thank you for your attention on this matter! :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I HAVE THE SAME EXCAT PROBLEM! Ill let you know if anyone replys to my thread/quesiton about it but i have been trying to figure this out

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thanks, Steyks! I must have missed your thread. I tried searching for similar threads but couldn\'t find anything. I sent a bug report with the above description through the game. If something comes up on my end, I will post it here for everyone! :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    http://star-made.org/content/all-blocks-are-black or just go to fourms >> help >> all blocks are black??? Or just one of the first ones

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thanks!

I got a response from schema yesterday regarding this problem! Here is what he sent me,

Hi,

Thank you for the report!

It is probably something in the driver not supporting texture arrays which I implemented with those versions.
    You can try updating the driver.

I\'ll also add a workaround with a new setting for the next version: G_USE_TEXTURE_ARRAYS
    which you can set to false (after the update when you start the game once, it will be inserted into the settings.cfg to edit)

I hope that helps,
    - schema

It seems that the drivers provided for my card haven\'t been updated on the Lenovo site since 2009, so I already have the most up to date drivers.

I just updated my game to the latest version and followed his instructions, but it didn\'t seem to work for me. I will keep trying some things (a fresh install, restarting my computer, fiddling with other settings), and if this doesn\'t end up working, I will submit another bug report. I will post any news here.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'m getting this too. Updated my drivers and tried playing around with various settings in the menu. Also set G_USE_TEXTURE_ARRAYS to \'false\' in the config file but that doesn\'t fix it either. Card is ATI Radeon X1950 Pro.

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The real problem you people are experiencing is that you have very old graphics cards, that don\'t support OpenGL 2.1. Normally, the game would crash at 100% loading and tell you this. But, your cards are very close being able to play the game (they support up to 2.0), so the game loads, but doesn\'t work correctly. Plus, the workaround seems to be hit and miss....

The only solution (if the config file workaround doesn\'t work) seems to be downgrading the game to version 0.093872 and hope schema gets this working again, or upgrade your video card to something more modern.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    The zips listed in /build/ don\'t show version numbers. Picked one at random and got 0.093581 but it won\'t log in. Guess I\'ll try some of the others. I did recently upgrade from a Geforce 6600, heh.

//EDIT: Nope, can\'t seem to get older versions to connect.