no shadows in build mode

Reaction score
    when i am building my ship, it is really annoying to have to put dow tons of lights to be able to see. i suggest that when i build mode, the light level gets turned up really high, or shadows are turned off

Reaction score
    Would be nice if the player acted as a light, or the cursor acted as a light source. That way you could still visually see how your ship would look while not in build mode, but also be able to easily place blocks in dark areas.

Reaction score
    I made a thread relating to this a while back. It\'s still something I agree with.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    A main thing with lighting are corners and wedges honestly..
    There needs to be a way for a wedge to let the light through...
    As it is now, it does not... I want to make 2x3 corridors with wedges shaped like this II but they always turn pitch black even if floor and ceiling consist of nothing but lights...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    But it must be a toggle. It\'s great to not worry about lighting when I\'m building, but I\'ll still need to be able to see around my ship when I\'m wandering around as an astronaut, and I won\'t know where to place my lights if I can\'t see the darkness.

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Agreed. Schema, give us shadow toggling. And xxmrdxx, put that in the topic starter post so that schema can see it more easily.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I imagine it being like any night vision mods or potions from Minecraft, I would love it even if it were build mode only but if you could toggle it anytime that\'d be spiffy.

Another needed option is for sunglasses, especially with light doing weird things in any station near a star. If my toon had some decent polarized sunglasses I would be happy.