No pirates since 01.51, server cfg issue?

Reaction score
    Since the introduction of the ability to change size of sectors, Ive not seen a single pirate Isanth...i have pirate stations complete with turrets, but no pirates coming to get me...and ive been playing a heck of a lot of late.

I am aware of the fact that sometimes you will wait wait a long time before pirates spawn (unless around a pirate station) but this is beyond that.

Then I spotted this in the server CFG;

ENEMY_SPAWNING = true //Enables enemy spawing
    SECTOR_SIZE = 2000 //Enables enemy spawing
    I have changed the sector size, but other than that, would the descriptive text alter the way the CFG works? Didn't it use to say, "ALLOW_ENEMY_SPAWNING = true"? Or has it always been just "ENEMY_SPAWNING = true"?

Has anyone else found this to be an issue? Is it a bug? Something I could edit myself?

Answers on a postcard please good people...I thank you for your time.

Thanks for making StarMade

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Well, I found a single Pirate Spawn in 0.152 xD
    The thing is, all Default blueprints are NOT set to enemy usable :u so you would have to toggle that yourself (Under Catalog -> Admin -> Permissions (on the drop down of each Blueprint).

Reaction score
    Aha! That would make sense...must have missed that in one of the changelogs. Ty, off to check that now :)

Edit: Thank you very much...bang on. How I missed that I dont know. All good now tho :)

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I think it was more a oversight then a feature or change :p
    Pirates should be enabled by default for first time players o -o Since they might not realize that its off or that you could even toggle that.
    I dunno, guess I should Poke a Dev or Tester sometime and see what they say.

Reaction score
    well, I set them all to enemy usable and sat uncloaked between 2 pirate stations and still no Pirate Isanths....gonna restart and retest.

Oh, this is on my own dedicated server btw

Yup, a restart did the trick. Cheers for the help.

Last edited: