No clue what this is. BUT ITS THE THIRD TIME.

Reaction score
    A while ago i had a singleplayer world where i made a base and had a lot of ships. I fought the pirates hourly, and won each time. However, one day when i logged in, i spawned at the spawn shop. I looked around and saw a ship that i had left there was in grey. I hit H and sure enough, there it was. My faction, listed as Neutral. It had given me a new inventory. So, i tried to see what was wrong. Username was the same, no settings had changed. I just thought that it was a bug that the devs would fix. Yesterday though, as i was working on a project for Thadius Faran, The same thing happened. This time though, i had no clue where my sector was and had to do some work over again. I was upset, but determined to finish. Same checks, settings the same, no username change, etc. Today, i logged on and it happened again. Now I was really mad. But this time? well, it deleted all my blueprints. Now i was flat out pissed. I just spent an hour looking for a freaking ship so i could turn the AI on and save it. I would really like to know wtf is going on and if it's being fixed anytime soon.
    [doublepost=1469885358,1469884092][/doublepost]Ok so i got my blueprints back by restarting the game, however my faction doesn't exist anymore

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    You can find entities with the command

/search "Ship name here with the quotes"

It will spit out relevantly named entities and their sector coordinates. As for the bug AndyP might be able to assist.

Reaction score
    You can find entities with the command

/search "Ship name here with the quotes"

It will spit out relevantly named entities and their sector coordinates. As for the bug AndyP might be able to assist.
    Its fine, i found the ship. I finished your ship btw

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The files for single player are all stored under the \server-database\(world name) folder in starmade. The faction settings is stored per world in that folder as well as the users that have played in that world. If your computer is having issues writing to that folder, might be the cause of some of your problems.

Always suggest doing a /force_save and waiting a bit before closing a single player game.

Your actual blueprints stored locally are in a separate folder and not in the server-database. However the server-database has info as to which local blueprints can be seen by which faction or player. If you can't see them, that player name can get access if your an admin. Switch to the admin page see the complete list of local blueprints and make yourself the owner. Then you will be able to see that blueprint normally.

Note you can copy and rename those world name folders under server-database to create backup copies of your worlds, encase something goes badly wrong.

Deleting a blueprint from your blueprint list in game doesn't necessarily mean that its gone. Its still in the blueprint folder in the starmade folder normally. But if you save over the same name then the old one is not recoverable.

Reaction score
    Idk if thats solved or not BDLS, i read it, but im confused by it. I have a new idea though - don't create a faction. It's unnecessary on singleplayer, so I'm not going to do it anymore.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    That's silly. Keep bringing up bugs so they can be fixed, don't forget and play around them.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Same thing happened to me a few updates back,i logged into my home server and poof I was stuck back at spawn with starting resources(I was pissed because I was loaded up for a wip before:(),I was no longer a part of my own faction and couldn't access anything grrrrr! the only thing that saved me was my second in command logging in and inviting me to faction.It hasn't happened since but frequent saves is a good idea.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    If it's your server or single player, you have complete control over all aspects of players and factions. I have had this bug happen too, and the solution for me, at least until it's properly fixed is to add yourself back to the faction with /faction_join_id, then change your rank back to founder with /faction_mod_member PlayerName 5
    Commands - StarMade Wiki

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    oh... :-(
    Was it because the faction is immediately disbanded when the last player leaves?

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Hey thread if this happens again. Please create a bug report. We'll need all of your logs and approximate time date that it happened.

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    I think this happened to my single player world as well but I was confused at the time. If it happens again I will take notes.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    I need some more info about this.

I got some idea and some "common things" on all people where this or other file-corruption popped up out of nowhere.

Possible reasons I know of that are not a bug:
    Use the same ingame name, but with other capitals. This is especially true on linux systems, as they do make a difference between andyp.txt and AndyP.txt, while windows ignores the case, but the starmade DB does not.
    So windows client, and linux server have some odd side effects permission wise. (None of them are exploitable, as the name protection is kept up all the time).
    On windows server and client there is a strong evidence that a different capital may cause the filesystem to behave odd and corrupt files, but until now we were not able to reproduce this on purpose.

The other approach that is a bug, but also not fully related to starmade:

Steam + Regular Launcher

As Steam does not detect the game running it seems to scan files from time to time, and even revert filestates for some reason.
    So if you have this problem with "random rollbacks" or "random corruption" use the beta-launcher that tracks hours and thus prevents steam from scanning files in use, or create a separate installation outside of steam.
    Both approaches result in a final fix of those problems.

(In some rare cases where NOTHING gets EVER saved, its a sand-boxing security software that virtualizes java and prevents it modifying any files on the system, but this is another error in total with other behaviour)

- Andy