No chat

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Hey guys,
    Before logging in as this user on the site I can see that Starmade chat is up and people are talking in it. Once I log in the chat option disappears, like I can't even click on it because it doesnt even exist in the normal spot for it. My first thought was that it was bugged or something and would be fixed, so I waited 2 days. Tried again and same thing happens. So then I thought it was because I got banned or something (not sure what for). Checked, and I have 0 (zero) warning points. So I'm kinda confused at this point as to why Chat disappears from the menu when I log in.

Thanks!

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I do remember that you were removed from chat. Warning points and the like only really apply to the forums, chat has it's own system. You can be banned from chat and not from the forums afterall, I'd recommend messaging a mod or administrator.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    I got removed from chat?!?! O.O for what?? I never curse, I'm not a dick, I haven't insulted anyone, I didn't bash anyone's beliefs, and on top of all that I hardly ever use the chat besides to ask about in game mechanics... Honestly... And not even an email or notification of the removal with an explanation?

Well, alright then, I'll go ask someone about this. I don't even know who to ask...

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    You know what, I think I know what it was. Last time I used chat about over a week ago. Someone said something about how I wasn't logged into chat, or my name wasn't showing up on the list of people in chat. Maybe they thought I was a hacker or something??? LOL

Reaction score
    Oh that was me who pointed it out. Seriously, Harbinger was removed from chat? I mean, I don't want to incriminate myself, but I'd definitely "earn" a kick from chat long before he would ;)

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    You know what, I think I know what it was. Last time I used chat about over a week ago. Someone said something about how I wasn't logged into chat, or my name wasn't showing up on the list of people in chat. Maybe they thought I was a hacker or something??? LOL
    There is a account setting for "show online status", turning it off means you dont show up in the list of users using chat. I dunno, my memory could just be off, but chat works for everyone else but you when you are logged in, so it's something stuck to your account.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    There is a account setting for "show online status", turning it off means you dont show up in the list of users using chat. I dunno, my memory could just be off, but chat works for everyone else but you when you are logged in, so it's something stuck to your account.
    After contacting some moderators they say there isn't any record of me being banned... :confused:
    But I would agree, this has to do with my account specifically.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    I guess this calls either for duke or kojinus, I recommend you to PM one of them.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    You were banned from chat for posting offensive material. This ban has now expired and you are free to rejoin chat. Please take a look at your Private Messages.

Thread locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.