No build mode while in combat

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Someone probably suggested this already at some point, but...

Make build mode inacessable while your ship is in combat - defining combat as "x seconds after last damage hit ship/shields, or weapons were fired".

This could be an admin-adjustable paramater, and setting it to zero would mean build mode was always available, so the current setup would remain a possible option.

Reaction score
    Why would you want that? It\'s like you\'re the self repairing mechanism of your ships! But please explain your idea of why.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Presumably, they want it so people can\'t replace missing blocks in combat, or salvage an entite ship in the middle of a battle. I\'d be fine to see those taken away, but people also use build mode for spacial awareness. If you take it out during combat, players need another way to look around their ship without stepping out.

Reaction score
    agree\'d but its not too hard to add extra hidden cockpits :P just looking back can be an impossible feat....

Reaction score
    I would see no reason to remove the use of buildmode while in combat. Like the others have said, it is used for spacial awarness, and you are able to repair your ship while in battle. for me this would be ok, since with it you can see all around you, and make repairs, but while doing so, you ar not able to control your ship, or be able to fire your weapon systems.

I do agree that it can be quite annoying when your in the middle of a fight and your enemy takes their ship apart, but thats what we will have to deal with for now.