Next generation: "mod-able" game modes

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I posted this idea on another thread but I believe it deserves it's own. Many people have suggested wonderful different ideas for game modes and a lot of them sound very fun. The problem is not every one believes so and disagrees with different parts of these ideas. My solution is to allow players to create their own game modes so that they can customize their game play to what is the most fun. Having many different options, which I will talk about later, will also allow for servers to be more unique, instead of just having different sector sizes, speed limits and the like.

Now onto what can be changed. I will list different ideas as to what I have seen some players like and others not so dont get upset if something you dont want in game is on the list, remember that you would be able to switch it off.
    -oxygen
    -hunger/thirst
    -ship fuel
    -admin commands
    -fall damage
    -ability to save ships
    -frequency of shops
    -stack limits
    -player health
    -sector size
    -speed limit
    -pirate difficulty (spawn frequency and aggressiveness)
    -collision damage
    -break off

Now I know some of these things are already toggle-able but I believe they should be changed on a per "map" basis. This also leads into the fact that we would have to be able to have multiple saves, which we know is possible cough cough starlaunch.

If I think of anymore, which I will, I will add them to the list above, I will also put any good ideas you guys come up with.

Last edited:
    Reactions: jayman38 and Vyor

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I would like 1 pirate sector each 4, 9 or 16 sol systems.

Every time you kill them when they have full strength, their full strength is increased by 10% (not if you kill the base before they fully recovered).
    They have a cool-down before they re-spawn and after that get back to full strength slowly.

Their strength increases by x blocks / second^(3/2) until they reached their max strength.
    Every time they kill a player, that player-ship's block count is subtracted from the pirates base's max strength
    • less loot if you fail, gets less threatening if it become too strong for players

Thus stronger pirate bases are where players are less -> bigger territory = stronger pirates.
    The strength increase the maximum block count.
    Their initial strength is greater further away from spawn.

Reactions: jayman38
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well, starlaunch works over multiple installs of the game. The file structure would need to be changed so we could share things like keyboard and graphics settings over the mulitple saves.

That said, these features sound good.