News Doesn't Show up on the Launcher Anymore

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Hey guys, I know this is a minor issue, but I've been having it for a while now and it's really annoying having to come to the site every time an update comes out. I don't know if this was done intentionally to everyone, or if it's just my computer being weird. Anyway, is there a way to get the news back on the launcher?

Reactions: Equilibrium21
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I am having the same problem. Being able to read about the update as soon as it starts to download makes it so i can watch the download finish so i can play the game more! :p

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    It was broken when The New site was launched, The place where the Launcher used to pull news from doesn't exist anymore. Doesn't seem like they intend to fix it, but should be back in the launcher version.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Maybe the launcher should get an update anyways? After all I think they would need to specify to where the launcher looks for news so it might need a patch.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Forge here,
    As Cyber said, the launcher is pulling news from a source that no longer exists (the old website news). I believe there was a possible fix, involving changing the URL to the new site. However, I think that solution had complications and instead they might be working on a new launcher as everyone has been suggesting or working on fixing the old one and things aren't going well.

Reaction score
    Several players from my server report also that they have issues with uplink recently and cannot play on my server. It also seems that it's trying to connect to some old account registry. Launcher and all those features really need revision ASAP.

I personaly am unable to even launch the game properly after the most recent update, it just crashes java every time while tryint to connect (and no, my drivers are all up to date).

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Several players from my server report also that they have issues with uplink recently and cannot play on my server. It also seems that it's trying to connect to some old account registry. Launcher and all those features really need revision ASAP.

I personaly am unable to even launch the game properly after the most recent update, it just crashes java every time while tryint to connect (and no, my drivers are all up to date).
    I've been having authentication server issues lately while trying to play. I can't even play single player sometimes. You can check if it's this by trying to re-download the game. If the download link on this site doesn't work, it means one of the website's servers is down.