Newest Update and Docking doesn't work any more.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have a ship that has two docking points for small shuttles and a station with 4 docking points. After the newest update, the docking modules won't dock anymore. I have checked the faction of the station, my ship, and my shuttles, every thing looks ok from my end.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Docking seems to work for me, but then I had to figure out how to make it work, which involved making sure that all the docking enhancers were touching each other and every one of them extended the max dimension of the enhancer collection, or it wouldn\'t work. So I don\'t know if that\'s expected to work that way, or if it\'s bugged, to be honest.

And recently when things dock, they end up outside the docking box for some reason (180 degrees rotated perhaps?).

Reaction score
    I had a few problems with docking as well with this update. Someone else in my local server was reporting that the position of my ship was well over into the next sector while I appeared to be in the correct position on my screen. To them I appeared to be far away just messing with the hangar doors when trying to dock with my mothership. When climbing out of my ship I would clip through it as if it was not there, and be completely unable to get back in.

The issue was fixed after shutting down and restarting the server a few times, but I\'m still having other game breaking issues....

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ok so some testing later and I can give a better report.

When you start the game, If the \'shuttle\' is undocked when the game is started, then the \'shuttle\' will dock as normal anywhere. If you have any \'shuttles\' docked, when you undock them they will not redock to any docking port anywhere. The game must be rebooted with the shuttle undocked to reenable docking. One of the tests I did, I had booted up the game, undocked a shuttle, tried to redock, didn\'t work. So I waited until the server saved, left the shuttle, and rebooted the game. Now here\'s the interesting part, when the game rebooted, I found the shuttle about 150 m from the location that I had left it. Oriented the same, just moved along what I think is the X axis the distance.

There\'s a couple of thoughts about this. One is the server isn\'t saving the ship location correctly when the ship is docked or, two, when the ship is undocked, the server get confused and although it displays the location correctly to the user, it stores the data differently from what the user is actually seeing. I can only guess that the client is transmitting movement data along the X,Y,Z and I,J,K axis only and is not getting the actual location from the server back.

Just my thoughts.

Reaction score
    Yep! I\'ve been replicating this exactly how you described it all morning. How are others not having this issue?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    My guess is that they use a server that is on at all times. When I reboot the game here I basicly shut off the server totally. If the server is kept on then my guess is that the system doesn\'t cause the bug untill it is rebooted with ships docked. Then it\'s a simple matter of just removeing and rebuilding the ship.

Besides, shuttles are meant to be easy to build and cheap to replace. So if you can\'t dock it f**k it and rebuild it.

Reaction score
    I think I\'d rather play on my local server and roll back to 0.09375, where this bug isn\'t an issue, until it is properly patched. Not willing to just say f**k it and deal with a game breaking bug.

Your description in post #4 is enough information for schema to replicate the events himself. I just tested this on my brother\'s computer and is 100% repeatable. Undocking after starting up a game does not report your location properly. Upon flying into another sector, your ship will appear to freeze until you get out. When you get out, your ship will appear to be a few hundred meters away. When you move towards the ship it will seem to teleport back to where you got out of the ship. When moving to that location, you will clip through the ship and not be able to enter it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Glad I could help. Should I use the ingame report tool or is listing it here fine?

Reaction score
    Oh wow so that was what it was about! I had the same issue happened to me as per post #7. And it was because I undocked my ship and headed out.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah I\'ve had that exact same issue, just hadn\'t been able to quantify it perfectly like you did.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    \"Then it\'s a simple matter of just removeing and rebuilding the ship.

Besides, shuttles are meant to be easy to build and cheap to replace. So if you can\'t dock it f**k it and rebuild it.\"

... or, you know, you could undock and then restart your client, without having to destroy or rebuild anything..

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'ve been having this issue for the last couple of updates. Thanks to steelrose I at least know how to workaround it... still annoying. (unrelated: For some reason all of my turrets attack me when I leave my ship.)

Reaction score
    In addition to Steelrose: You don\'t need to rebuild them.

When I reboot my server every ship/turret I detach is not considered as ship anymore. They neither have the diamond around the core nor do SB/KB Missiles lock on them. If I reboot the server again after undocking the ships they work again.

This could help to not have to rebuy/rebuild every turret/ship.

Reaction score
    I\'m glad at least someone else has mentioned the disappearing ship core indicators. It\'s not just me!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I am experiencing this issue too, and I have tested this undocking your ships before restarting and that does seemt to help. That\'s unfortunate, though, because that means I have to undock and then redock all 6 of the ships in my carrier each time I play the game :P