New Weapons/Armors

Reaction score
    I feel that starmade needs a little more variety in terms of weapons as it as of right now antimatter cannons are generally the only weapons of choice, so I made a small list with some suggestions.

New Armor Type: "Hull Armor"; Acts simerally to shields but is only damaged after a ships shields. Each armor block will have a mich higher health than one shield block but has near to NO passive regeneration meaning that armor will require large docking times to be repaired. This armor can also be affected by missles giving them a little more use. Armor may also be repaired by other ships with "Armor Repair Beams."

New Repair Thingy: "Armor Repair Beam": Slowly repairs armor, this would allow a docked ship to be repaired by automated armor repair turrets of sorts.

New Weapon: "Particle Beam": A constant beam that hits almost immediatly and deals extra damage to shields, but deals very little damage and takes a lot of power. Good VS small fighters.

New Weapon: "Heavy AMC" Similer to an AMC but deals much more damage to armor and actual blocks, however it would have a slower rate of fire and more power consumption. Great for hurting heavy armored ships.

New Weapon: "Plasma Cannon": Shoots a burst of plasma at your enemy dealing high area shield and structual damage, once again a high cooldown, as well as a sluggish rate of fire.

New Weapon: "Gatling Cannon": A AMC like weapon with greater rate of fire but little damage. Not as strong for armor. Good against smaller ships.

New Repair Thingy: "Shield Repairs" Adds shield regen rate to a targeted ship.

Any more ideas or criticism is welcome.

Reaction score
    The heavy AMC and Plasma cannons you propose are already doable. Just go into the weapons menu on the ship, select the weapon group you want to modify and mess with the power % going to cooldown, damage, range, and \'projectile\' speed.

Reaction score
    I think a good idea would be \"repair enhancers\" which you add to docks, which repair the ship back to its blueprint, but takes a while.

Reaction score
    Called Transcendence. In this game, there are classes of weapons and armour that have certain pros and cons. A laser as an example, is very effective at damaging standard armour. However it is completly useless against reflective armour. Reflective armour has zero resistance to plasma and so on. It also applied to sheilding. I think this game should have something similar to this.