New Weapons and Specialized Defenses *Redone!*

Reaction score
    I wouldn\'t mind seeing a few more weapons, but I think you may have gone a bit overboard here. Personally, I think the game is lacking a beam type weapon, as well as spliting the AMC into ballistics vs. energy weapons (good vs. armor and shields, respectively)

Reaction score
    I just wanted ships to be diverse, not \"Fill everything with shields and AMC!\" If I did go a little overboard, well, I REALLY want more weapons. At least some weapons like strong vs. this and weak vs. that. That, and huge ships that are armed with minigun-like-cannons seem a bit rediculous.

EDIT: Alright. One last bump. If you have something to say about this thread, say it. Does anyone even look at this anymore?

Reaction score
    I have redone the OP, reducing the amount of weapons, and tweaking stats and descriptions of the remaining ones. Please, comment on the ideas!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The Bombs are nice in the real world on a large planet with gravity, but in space are next to useless. The only way these would be useful is if they acted like a docked disintegrator explosive when not affected by gravity. After launch it assumes the speed of the launching ship and countinues on the path the launching ship was on at the time of launch. when in gravity it would still have these properties but would would bend its trajectory in accordance with the effects of gravity. This would make bombs very difficult to use unless planets become much larger. Im hoping that eventually planets will be their own sectors and will be giant cubes(only way to use cubes to replicate a spherical object while maintaining the impression of directions).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I love the ideas of different projectile types, but this game IS about modular weapons. Replacing the current system with premade types would defeat the entire purpose of being able to build one\'s own weapon. Instead, your idea of different types of weapons could be applied to the current system, maybe even enhanced with my own idea for weapons: http://star-made.org/content/weaponry-overhaul

Hopefully Schema sees our ideas and considers them.

Reaction score
    there was also another idea with modifier blocks
    http://star-made.org/content/weapon-modifier-blocks

everything sounds interesting

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Armor will draw power to regenerate hull , and refill any holes that were caused by removal other than build mode. Armor has less hp than normal, is more vulnerable to heat based damage (like stars), but will gradually draw power for automatic repairs, even if it is extremely slow.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    as cold as space is, there arent enough particles to transefer this lack of energy, this is why hot things stay hot and cold things stay cool in space. so basiclly unless its traveling a kilometer or more i think that heat would stay with the shell