New Weapon Types.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Ive been looking at some of the many star trek ships in the content section. there are lots of them. but most of them tend to have to put turrets all over them. this isn't that big a deal because from star trek online we do know turrets are in star trek.

but I'm seriously curious as to why no one has yet suggested a Phaser type weapon? something that maybe is like the A.M.C., but instead of firing in short bursts it fires like a real trek Phaser and cuts damage in a Damage Over Time fashion, the longer you hit the target with them the more damage dealt would be. I'm not saying it should core out hulls or anything, just saying visually it could do what start trek does.

I can however, also understand if schema does not want such a weapon in the game. it would cause a bit of copy rite issues with something that close to a franchise such as star trek. But if not a Phaser than perhaps a similarly visual facsimile. its possible to open the door towards other weapon types as he has already stated that some mine types are coming.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm aware of this, that is why I posted about it, its good to get the ideas out there now, so it can be adapted for the new system.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    So how are phasers different than beams? I'm not into Star Trek and from Your post, i can't really tell the difference.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    well, I could tell you what a Trekkie would and long windily explain it to you, but I've been told a Phaser is actually a wave not a beam personally I don't get it either, and I was an extra in the second damn movie. but as far as I can tell nothing, the both do the same thing visually.

I also thought I mite try and get in other types as well, such as torpedoes which haven't been talked about much either. but, then I remembered why, whenever we mention them, some ass comes along and rants but if we get them, schema will just fucking Nerf them to pointlessness like he did to missiles. don't know what he seems to have against realistically moving missiles but it has burned everyone's ass, so they are blind to anything till they get what they want. so ill leave that there alone.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    If we treat beam as a real life laser, which is electromagnetic interaction, then it's also a wave. Very small, but still :)

And how would the torpedoes be different then missiles?

Missiles need balancing but doing so before weapon update is pointless.

Reaction score
    If we treat beam as a real life laser, which is electromagnetic interaction, then it's also a wave. Very small, but still :)

And how would the torpedoes be different then missiles?

Missiles need balancing but doing so before weapon update is pointless.
    Everything is made up of waves.