New tutorial videos containing false information

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Under the shields entry
    "This Ion Effect will strengthen your shields, but weaken the blocks on your ship"

Ummmm sorry this is not how the game works currently.
    I couldn't find any instances in the configs that would govern that variable so to prove it I opened up starmade and shot two targets.
    One with 60% ion effect activated, one with no ion blocks at all.
    Shot with a basic cannon, did 36 damage to standard armor and killed a block of standard in 3 shots on the basic target. It also did 180 damage to systems and killed a cannon block in one shot.

Now when I moved to the ioned target the results were exactly the same. No added damage, blocks were not weaker.

If this is intended, it is not functional, and if it was a relic from the past it aught to be cleaned up out of brand new content.

Time to watch more tutorial vids and point out any more errors! :D
    Have a good one.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Yes well this was information spread about that even the developers were told was true. Tbh it sorta makes sense if there is supposed to be a trade off, but there isn't. This will be resolved with new tutorials.

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    Yes well this was information spread about that even the developers were told was true. Tbh it sorta makes sense if there is supposed to be a trade off, but there isn't. This will be resolved with new tutorials.
    WEll that IS what it does for WEAPONS, but none of the passives/defensives have negative effects other than power-draw AFAIK.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    *That moment when you realize you quite possibly know more about a game than the developers*

OH GOD I NEED A HOBBY

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    *That moment when you realize you quite possibly know more about a game than the developers*

OH GOD I NEED A HOBBY
    New Voted thread?: "Shine needs to STOP developing the game for 30-60 days, and PLAY THE GAME in it's current state on a few community multyplayer servers."

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    New Voted thread?: "Shine needs to STOP developing the game for 30-60 days, and PLAY THE GAME in it's current state on a few community multyplayer servers."
    How about they continue on their own set schedule?

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    How about they continue on their own set schedule?
    Was being facetious on a level; if the dev team thinks it's one way but the playerbase knows/uses a different way, they might want to reduce the slogging and conduct a state of affairs. ;)