New Trailer

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Its been 2 years since the last trailer video.

It was made before rails, and had to use "faked" elevator lifts to get some of the footage it did (don't get me wrong, that was genius, but we can do it for real now).

Think maybe its about time we got a new trailer that shows off our rails, our fleets, and all of the fun new stuff and progress we've made in the last couple years?

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I feel it would be best to wait for the NPC/Crew and AI Fleet updates before a new trailer is made, giving it more stuff to showcase to newcomers.

P.S: With a new trailer make sure to showcase walking mechs and skid racing, they really help Starmade stick-out!

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Right now, I feel like the future (features, look, etc.) of Starmade is either in too much flux, or is in too much secret to really build a good trailer that will last for many years. I'm not sure what the dev team has planned versus what they are making up as they go along, and they aren't giving the community a lot of details, opting instead to drop surprises in the releases. As it is, I think the current trailer still does a good job of showing off the game.

So let's get specific. What specific features and "Oh-wow" moments would you want in a new trailer? Examples: Massive rotating iris doors that look good, Fleets of 100-m ships flying in formation across a massive shipyard, when suddenly, a 500-m ship launches from the shipyard, dwarfing the fleet, rail trains rolling around a city when the camera pulls back to reveal that it is all on a flying titan, docking and launching a large fleet of fightercraft, a mining fleet wiping out a large asteroid, then returning to the mothership and docking nicely. You know, all the great stuff that was out-of-reach when the first trailer was conceived.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Any new trailers should probably wait til we get out of alpha and into beta. Things like crew, creatures, AI faction improvements, and RTS-like features should be in first.

The current one is fine. Sure, rails and shipyards weren't in yet, but you've got the fake rails, which still show there's moving parts, and that's all that's really needed, and the station has things that look like a shipyard on it. It's got "fleets" in it, too.

Reaction score
    The most important things missing for a new trailer are in my eyes a complete audio overhaul and rework of weapon projectiles (no more 1 block wide, 100000dps beams).

Reactions: NeonSturm

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    We should definitely hold till the new default NPC stuff is implemented.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    i believe that duke did say that a new trailer is in the works since alot has changed. I might be some time before they do one as they got their hands full with alot of big features.

PS. i hope they consider involving me next time :)

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    That would be cool. Open submissions for having your ships/stations/whatever in the trailer.
    I was thinking more along the lines of helping with the filming and editing. I would love to teach schine how I do my filming

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    So let's get specific. What specific features and "Oh-wow" moments would you want in a new trailer? Examples: Massive rotating iris doors that look good, Fleets of 100-m ships flying in formation across a massive shipyard, when suddenly, a 500-m ship launches from the shipyard, dwarfing the fleet, rail trains rolling around a city when the camera pulls back to reveal that it is all on a flying titan, docking and launching a large fleet of fightercraft, a mining fleet wiping out a large asteroid, then returning to the mothership and docking nicely. You know, all the great stuff that was out-of-reach when the first trailer was conceived.
    Don't forget to include some crazy gigantic logic apparatus!

Reactions: jayman38

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    How about NPC's doing stuff. I would love to see things like, them manning stations in ships and stations or doing a task like farming, interacting, etc. Just doing stuff on planets, stations and in ships.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    That would be neat scene. NPCs lounging around at a bar, then the white main lights turn off and flashing red lights turn on as a red alert and the NPCs all start running for battle stations, jumping into turrets, etc.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The "NPCs" at the bar are one of my favorite highlights from the current trailer. Having them react and move due to an event would be neat.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    You could fake it with multiple players. I hope the NPC skins will be possible so we can have crew uniforms. Could fake that to. :)