New to game, docking questions

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Greetings, and apologies if this is covered somewhere in this forum, I've been searching for a couple of hours and having no luck finding the answer I am looking for.

I am trying to figure out how to set up a 'shuttle bay' and have a smaller runabout type of shuttle within my bigger ship. I've tried a number of things, including giving myself the docking modules that you can't 'buy' right now, and seeing if they will work. I've been searching for tutorials, but all of the ones describing this kind of thing are either talking about turrets or are over a year old and apparently way out of date.

So the question is, how do I dock a shuttle into my bigger ship?

Thanks!

Kjarstin

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    What you require is to have a rail docker on your shuttle, and a rail basic block on your main ship
    Both of these you'll notice have an arrow pattern, these arrows will align when you dock

When you're on your ship, to initiate docking, you need to select the rail docker through the weapons tab, and fire at the rail basic, to un-dock, fire the rail docker again.

The docking system is much more capable than this, but that's the raw information you have requested, this tutorial series by Bench is quite good for explaining the capabilities of the entire system

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL76wZEm2fRBsB-UDoQZDtt_nVxSBCuun5

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    What you require is to have a rail docker on your shuttle, and a rail basic block on your main ship
    Both of these you'll notice have an arrow pattern, these arrows will align when you dock

When you're on your ship, to initiate docking, you need to select the rail docker through the weapons tab, and fire at the rail basic, to un-dock, fire the rail docker again.

The docking system is much more capable than this, but that's the raw information you have requested, this tutorial series by Bench is quite good for explaining the capabilities of the entire system

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL76wZEm2fRBsB-UDoQZDtt_nVxSBCuun5

Thanks! that will get me started!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I joined to ask about docking. Good thing I found this thread.

I made some Docking Modules and Extenders and I was unable to use them. Are these obsolete now?

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Yes they are. They are of the old system so that is why the old docking mods can't be used.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!

I made some Docking Modules and Extenders and I was unable to use them. Are these obsolete now?
    The link AdonisO provided has a lot of great info

Reaction score
    • Purchased!

So how do i dock a smaller ship onto a platform now?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    So how do i dock a smaller ship onto a platform now?
    Place a basic rail on the platform with the arrows facing up. Place a rail docker on your ship. Pilot the ship and select the rail docker. Paint the rail with the rail docker beam. The arrows on the rail docker will line up with those on the rail.

It's similar for turrets, only you use a turret docking rail instead of a basic rail.