New Thrust & Speed equations

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I'm working on a project that requires the various game mechanic equations. With the new Thrust update I had to jump in to work out how to calculate these values in the new world. I thought I should post here so that 1) People can double check they are correct, and 2) Save others who need it some time.

The old equations from the wiki were (Power stays the same):
    • P = N / 0.03
    • T = (N * 5.50)^0.87
    where
    • P = e / sec used by the thrusters
    • T = Thrust as displayed in the game
    • N = Total number of Thruster Modules
    • S = Speed Coefficient to multiple with max server speed
    • M = Mass
    In the new update the equation for T has changed with a 25% nerf (ambiguous as the result is not nerfed 25%, just block count used in the equation), so the new ones are:
    • T = (N * 4.125)^0.87
    • S = min(T/M, 2.5) + 0.5
    In other worlds, to calculate S: calculate the thrust/mass ratio, cap the result at 2.5, then add 0.5.

One thing of note: In the wiki it says to round T and P to 1 decimal place. Empirical evidences shows this is incorrect. For a ship with 1 Thruster Module and a total mass of 3.4, top speed on a server with the default 75 m/s server-speed reaches a displayed speed of 113.1. If rounding in actual game mechanics took place, it would only reach 112.5. What the HUD displays is another issue all together (shows 3.3 thrust, but even rounding down to 1 decimal place should have 1 Thruster as 3.4 thrust).

Last edited:
    Reactions: Top 4ce