New textureset I'm working on

Reaction score
    I've been working on this texture sheet for the last week or so, so it predates the other packs out there by a fair bit.

When I first started playing the game, I was quite frankly appalled at the texture work done. No offense to the artist because I understand why it was like this, but textures were different resolutions and it just felt very jumbled. When I set out to make my replacement, I made a point of keeping the style clean and consistant.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17354920/StarMade/Content/t000.png

I don't have images of it in use, so you'll just have to trust me when I tell you that they're quality pixelart from a art student studying Graphic Design. Remember that I made this pack for my benefit, and I'm only sharing it because I see a need for this sort of thing. If there's something you don't like about it, please voice your concerns, but I'm not too likely to change anything if I don't see fit.

There are certain blocks I've yet to change (due to this still being a WIP), but hopefully I will soon have everything changed including the GUI elements and such. I'll keep this thread updated with new content when it becomes available, so check back periodically for updates.

This content is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
    http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html

Send any queries to me E-Mail at [email protected]

Reaction score
    I like your new hull, though it still grids like the old.

The new hardened hull seems a bit too plain.

I very much like your AI module texture.

Why is the front of the cockpit now circuitry? Were I you, i\'d make it look like a camera, since that\'s what the block really is.

Reaction score
    Good point on the cockpit texture, I\'ll look into changing that.

As far as the hull textures, you can\'t do much to prevent tiling on textures like this. My intention was to mimic the original hull\'s appearance as several plates bolted onto each other. For the hardened hull, I wanted something simple and sleek so larger structures didn\'t look too busy. I could add complexity, I suppose, but I just feel that simpler is better for this sort of thing.

Thanks for the feedback! :D

Reaction score
    I changed the frontal circuitry of the cockpit to be more of a camera lens of sorts. I\'ve never really done anything like it before, so tell me if it looks even vaguely right. If not, I can always try again!

Reaction score
    Love the circuitry!

I\'ve been working on textures too. Got most of the terrain done and the hulls. Been slowly creeping my way into the GUI too.

I felt the same way about \"...but textures were different resolutions and it just felt very jumbled...\" Some textures are lower resolution while others are higher or the textures don\'t make sense \"Red rock\" = \"Rock\" \"Red dirt\" = \"Dirt\"...

Now I\'m just trying to figure out how to change the build blocks icons easily...