New textures interfere with ship building

Reaction score
    Due to blocks such as thrusters and AMCs having the same grey texture on all but one side , designers lose the functional overview of their ship as blocks blend in. This can make it harder to find weapon computers / cloak / jammer modules , or verify that lines of thrusters are properly connected to each other. Now I have to view each block individually to confirm its type. Good thing block orientation only matters for docking , because there's no way to tell which way those grey blocks are pointing with one to four faces visible.

Besides , I don't like the new grey color for those and normal hulls , the blue-grey shade was much nicer on the eyes.

Reaction score
    You could always just download the last update and add the old textures to the new one you know?

Reaction score
    I simply must agree because everything he typed is plain truth. We have to check all the blocks just to make sure everything\'s in order.. it would be nice if those blocks textures were different, like they were before.

Edit: It doesn\'t mean the equal textures are a good idea..

Reaction score
    I totally get why they streamlined the textures, but maybe a slight indication of what it is would be in order.

http://i.imgur.com/xwhT7cj.png

^ This is what i have been doing.

ImperialDonut

Overlord of the North Pole
    Reaction score
    Have patience while BB finishes off the textures, he\'s gotten pretty far, but its not done yet, there are still a few placeholders in there...

And I personally like the fact that blocks look alike on most sides, tho the special modules could use a tiny blinking dot or something like it to indicate what it is from other sides (if thats what you meant).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Donut is right, and anyway what Alviss did was just change blue to red... not the model.

Reaction score
    Umm, nope. That was a salvage Cannon, which is red. I added red lines along the top and sides, to indicate what it is. I edited the texture file, not the model.