New Sound Effects

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    The last few updates did a good job of making the game look amazing, but the sound effects of the game lack the same quality. I think its time this game sounds as good as it looks.

Weapons:
    The sound effects for weapons, in my opinion, sound very puny. This is true especially when the weapons due tons of damage. The sound effects for beams, pulses, anti-matter cannons and missiles could be updated to sound more powerful and realistic. Also, these sounds could vary upon what weapons they are combined with. For example, an anti-matter cannon combined with a missile computer could sound more powerful than just a normal anti-matter cannon.
    Missiles could sound more like actual rockets. They could have a sound effect when they fly by your ship. Also, the volume and power of the sound of the explosion should be appropriate to how much damage it does. This could go for all weapons in the game.
    The sound of firing the weapon could also be much louder for the user than for the receiver, and the sound of the damage could be louder for the receiver than the user.

Thrusters, doors, etc... :
    All other ship components like thrusters, reactor modules, and doors could each have a unique sound effect. Thrusters could have a new sound to make them sound more like rockets, and the sound could be fuller and louder depending on the amount of thrusters grouped together. Doors could have a sound effect when they are opened/closed and the larger the door, the more massive the door sounds. (This principal of sound proportional to scale would go for pretty much all of the new sounds). Reactor modules could have a small hum to them as if they were actually conducting/holding electricity. These are just a few examples of what could be added.

Destruction:
    Blocks could make a noise when they are destroyed or salvaged. Different blocks would make a different sound. For example, armor would make a sound of something hitting steel when damaged and glass would make a sound similar to that of shattering glass.

The Universe:
    When floating around in empty space, the game feels very def and mute. I know that this is realistic, and I know that there are mods to solve this problem, but I think it would be a good idea to add ambient music to the game. It would be similar to what Skylord Luke talked about. It would be a setting in the game options of course, and it could add a futuristic and sifi theme to the game witch I think players who play the game for long periods of time would appreciate.

These are just ideas and could be changed before being added, but they would be an excellent touch to the game, and they would create a more epic Starmade experience! I'm not sure if this specific idea has been talked about before, and if it is I apologize for being redundant. I am just interested in this potentially becoming a feature in the game.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Personally, when I play Starmade, I mute the sounds and play this space-ey sounding song to replicate the feeling of being alone in space. It's very immersive.

( 0:40 is when the cool part starts)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well, sound is something that will be added at a later stage, and only when the devs have someone with music/sound coding skills. And then they'll need the actual music and sounds to be made.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    A lot of this is stuff that will change. I'm pretty sure there is someone working on music or sounds or both. Also I think hearing glass shatter would be kinda silly.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    More sound stuff is in the works. There's already quite a few unused sounds in the files. Crimson-Artist uses the unused sound effects for special effects in his videos sometimes, I believe.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    A lot of this is stuff that will change. I'm pretty sure there is someone working on music or sounds or both. Also I think hearing glass shatter would be kinda silly.
    why do you think it is silly?